33

Money Problems and Hospitals;

*One Month Later*

One month. 

One fucking month I've been stuck in this house. 

A week after I was practically on house arrest I turned on Leona's TV to see the Chanel runway. It hurt a little to see someone else walk in your spot, at that point, I just wanted to shut everyone and everything out of my life. 

Other than the night and the Aurors outside, I'm practically home alone most of the time. It's refreshing to think but after a while it gets boring. Atlas travels back and forth using portkey since there isn't anyone after him. 

I was sitting in the living room watching some movie that is too corny for my liking. I heard shouting coming from upstairs and an angry Theo came down the stairs. 

"Shut the fuck up!" Theo snapped, yelling as he put his coat on. 

I was slightly thankful for the popcorn I made earlier because this looked better than the movie in front of me. 

"Theo, wait. It's not under my-" Atlas said as he ran down the stairs but Theo snapped back at him as Atlas aimed to grab him, "Don't. Take it all, Atlas I don't fucking care."

Theo ran out of the house, slamming the door shut which made me jump slightly. "What the fuck was that all about?" I asked Atlas but he ignored me, going upstairs and slamming the door to his room. 

As if on cue, Leona walked through the house and she did not look happy. "I swear to Merlin's bloody grave, the sooner this bitch dies the better," she huffed, falling onto the couch. 

"Leona! Don't say tha-" I started but she raised her hand in the air, silencing me. "Look at what her father did, he threw pumpkin juice all over me because she wasn't getting better."

I blinked slightly, trying to hold in my giggles. I hated the bitch just as much as anyone but I wouldn't necessarily wish death upon her. "It really highlights your eh, hair?" I giggled as she rolled her eyes. 

"Shut up. What happened with Theo? I saw him run out of the house with tears in his eyes," Leona said, waving her wand over her hair to clean it up. 

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. Him and Atlas were arguing and he left. Atlas is upstairs as far as I know." She sighed, rubbing her temples. 

"At this point, I don't fucking care. I want sleep, I need sleep," she hums before she closes her eyes and aims to get some sleep.

And she did get sleep, for 56 seconds. 

The floo suddenly erupted, a sign of someone calling her. Leona screamed before getting up to see who it is. 

Healer Leona, emergency at St. Mungos.

Madame Malfoy!

I parted my lips to say something to her but she shushed me, grabbing her bag and coat to floo out of the room. 

"When did my life become so crazy?" I thought to myself as I got up to go check on Atlas considering it was getting late. 

I knocked on his door and he opened it with anger spread across his entire face, soon softening once he sees me. "Yes?" He asks, clearly impatient. 

"May I come in, kind sir?" I joke and he moves out the way, letting me come in. 

I sat down on his bed, crossing my legs as he sits on the floor. "Want to tell me what that was with Theo?" I asked. He looked up and ran a hand through his hair, sighing loudly. 

"We got into an argument." I gasped as I slapped my hands over my face, "Oh my god, are you for real? I thought you were bonding."

He rolled his eyes at my sarcastic comment before stretching his arms out, "My family invited us over this morning. They told us they changed the order of the will."

Atlas rubbed his temples as he attempted to explain his argument with Theo. "They left 40% of their earnings to my older sister, 40% to me and that leaves 20% for Theo," he finished, looking up at me. 

"Wait, so what's included in the 20% Theo gets?" I asked, slightly confused considering the fact that the Notts are filthy rich, right below the Malfoy's. 

"My sister and I get 300 Galleons each and my sister also gets the family house. Then you have Theo who's getting 80 galleons with my parent's books," he explained. 

I blinked a couple of times, staring at Atlas. When we were at school, Theo always explained to me how their parents favoured his sister and Atlas over him, they showed it pretty well.

"Atlas, you can't blame him for being upset," I sighed, frowning at their pettiness. 

"I know, I know. But, Alora, before you came to Hogwarts Theo and I never 'hung' out with each other. He didn't want to associate himself with me because of my parents," Atlas sighed, leaning against the wall. 

I understood where he was coming from, I never grew up with siblings but I understand him. "Look, give him some time. It's not your fault but he's always been in your shadow."

He nodded his head before getting up, grabbing his coat, "I'm going to see Dottie. Will you be okay on your own?" I nodded my head.

He went to grab his portkey but I quickly grabbed his wrist, pulling him into a hug. "Be safe," I whispered and he chuckled before nodding his head.

I watched him leave, heading off back to America. A part of me still gets jealous whenever Atlas gets to go home, only because I found America to be my safe zone. 

When I left Leona's house, I had nowhere to go. I bought a one-way ticket with some money I had saved up and headed over there, my life wasn't perfect either but I got away from Europe. 

Everything bad that has ever happened to me happened here and I wanted to be free from all of it. I needed a fresh start and I was happy I finally had the chance to start again but it feels like I'm running up a cycle, a constant repetitive life cycle. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the front door, someone was banging on it pretty loudly. I ran downstairs, wrapping a blanket on me because it was raining heavily and I knew it'd be cold. 

My heart froze slightly when I saw who it was through the peephole.

Opening the door, I gasp slightly at his state. 

"Draco?"

-

The next chapter will be up in a few hehe.

Not that anyone cares but oh my god I ordered these really cute shorts from Hollister and they finally came, I'm so happy.

Also, holy, thank you guys so much for 16K reads <3