31

Their Return;

Narrators P.O.V.

Atlas, Theo and Alora were sat in the living room that night. Alora was drawing in her journal, after all these years she still found comfort in drawing something - still therapeutic. She needed it after her encounter with the older Malfoy, she was shocked as to how much her former lover looked like his father. It was scary, she'll say that. 

"Atlas, when are we leaving?" Alora asked, looking up at the boy who was in a conversation with Theo's girlfriend. "We've only been here two days you know," he sighed. 

Alora rolled her eyes and went back to her journal, she wanted to leave this place more than anyone could imagine. She agreed to a week but seeing Draco reminded her why she never wanted to step foot in Britain again. 

Snapping her out of her thoughts, a frustrated Leona entered the home alongside her girlfriend, Pansy. "I swear to Merlin, the Greengrass' are different level annoying," Leona sighed, throwing herself next to Alora. 

"What happened?" Theo asked, walking into the living room once he heard the girl. 

Leona sat up, rubbing her temples. "Astoria isn't getting any better and they think I'm making her worse because of Alora. How they even knew about her is beyond me," she explained. 

Atlas and Theo stared at Alora, waiting for her to crack. "Oh my- We might have ran into them as we were leaving," Alora cracked, smiling at Leona. 

"No! You deliberately went there to see what was happening and told Lucius Malfoy to shove his judgement up his stiff ass," Atlas finished, blowing Alora a kiss. 

Leona sat up, slapping Alora's leg causing her to groan slightly. "Are you stupid? They aren't idiot's you know, they know who you are. And I wonder why Draco's ex-lover would be wandering the halls of St.Mungo's while his wife is dying," Leona slightly raised her voice. 

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to see what was happening," Alora pouted. Leona rolled her eyes and snatched the blanket that was placed on Alora, placing it above herself. 

Pansy, now holding a bottle of water and newspaper, walked into the living room with a sympathetic look. "There is something you should know, Alora," Pansy said in a worrying tone. 

Everyone looked up, Alora tilted her head at the girl who looked awful. She handed Alora the Daily Prophet and she began reading the cover. 

As everyone stared at her, Alora dropped the newspaper onto the floor and stared at her lap. "Did she go into shock? What did it say?" Isobel, Theo's girlfriend, asked worryingly. 

Leona snatched the newspaper and began reading the cover, her eyes widened at what she had read, instantly having the need to protect her best friend more than anything. 

"They're back? Where the fuck have they been for three years? Kidnapping more bloody teenagers and their fathers, I assume," Leona yelled, standing up.

Alora's focus finally shifted to her friend's outrage. "I need to go home, my dad- he- they need to know," she stuttered, standing up. 

"No, are you stupid? You can't go back to America, Alora. Your face is the headline of every bloody thing someone looks at. They're probably at your door," Leona snapped, shoving Alora back onto the couch. 

"She's right, we need to stay here," Atlas interjected, sending a pitiful look to his best friend.

When Atlas and Alora started becoming close, they had a friends with benefits type of relationship. Alora ran into Atlas in New York, they both caught up and before she knew it she was spilling her entire life story out at him. Atlas felt nothing but pity towards the young girl he once fancied.

"I can't stay here. I have work, my dad needs me, this isn't my home anymore," Alora stated in distress 

"If you stay here we can have Auror's guarding your house, you'll be protected," Pansy said in hopes to calm the girl down. 

Alora sat back down on the couch, resting her head on Leona's shoulder. "For how long?" She asked, looking at Pansy, it seemed they all were looking at her. 

"Until they're found. The ministry thinks that their back for you and until they find them, you're not safe," Pansy explained. 

"This is the first I'm hearing about this, does no one seem to inform me shit?" Theo snapped, rolling his eyes. He felt out of the loop considering he too works at the ministry, the one day he doesn't have work, havoc happens. 

"It's fine, we'll keep her here. Nothing will happen to her here, just have Aurors guarding the premises," Leona said. 

"I need to send an Owl to my mother, if you'll excuse me," Alora cracked slightly as she headed for the stairs. 

Her friends weren't daft, they knew she was tearing up but if anyone knew Alora they would know to leave her be, let her have some time to herself. 

"Are they really back?" Theo asked he was frantically quite scared for his friend. He knew the trauma she'd had in the past with these people and didn't want her to go through it again. 

"No, she's having a laugh. Of course, they're back you fucking idiot," Atlas snapped, slapping the boy in the back of the head. 

Meanwhile, Alora was sat upstairs in her 'old' yet 'new' room and was sobbing as she wrote her letter to her mother. Her mother had been there for her through everything, protected her from the evil that was after her. Yet, as a 21-year-old, Alora still felt like she needed her mother. 

Mum,

I don't know if the news has reached America yet but you should be aware that they are back. Remember Pansy, Leona's girlfriend, well she works at the ministry. She's informed me that they've come back and are presumably looking for me. 

I don't want you to worry because this will most likely be plastered all over the news in America as well. 

Leona said it's best if I remain in Britain for the time being considering it's too dangerous for me to travel, both portkey and the muggle way. They'll have Aurors guarding the house and I'll be safe, all we can do is pray they catch the motherfuckers. 

Sorry for the language. 

Please don't stress, I want you to focus on dad, he needs one of us. If there is any progress at all with him, please let me know. I don't care if there is a bounty on my head, I'll be there. 

I love you so much, be safe. 

Alora.

With that final note, she placed the letter in the envelope and gave it to Leona's owl to take. 

-

I wonder what will happen to Alora and the others :/

And don't worry, Draco will appear in the next chapter :)