C h a p t e r 2 1

Rosaline

I fidget with the phone in my hand and took a deep breath in before dialing the phone number I memorized when I first arrive at Nicholas' place.

My father, brother, and Damien were out doing something while letting me call Nicholas. I guess they wanted me to him that I was fine and that they were waiting for him to come. They must be waiting for him so that they can fix whatever was happening between them.

But they were talking about business so anything could be happening and I wouldn't even notice.

I blew out a breath as the phone ring one time and then a second time before someone answered.

"Who's disturbing me?!"

I wince, pulling the phone away from my ear before pulling it back to answer.

"Why, thanks for the nice welcome, Nicholas."

It was silent before a breathless voice answered, "Rosaline...you're ok."

"Yeah. I'm fine and got quite a big shock today." I told him.

"Tell me more when I arrive."

"Wait for wh-"

Beep beep

I look at the phone and stare at it. I didn't know how to react. I called him, he answered then hang up on me.

I walk back downstairs to the living room to return the phone now that I was finished with it. But what I didn't expect was for Nicholas to be sitting in an armchair facing Noah, dad, and Damien.

The phone in my hand was long forgotten as I place it down on the table near the chairs and walk towards Nicholas with wide eyes. I stood in front of him and looked at him. He looked back at me with stern eyes before looking back at the three trios with fire in his eyes.

"What are you doing here? How did you even get here?!" I whispered shouted at him, ignoring the men behind me.

He stood up and grab my wrist, "I'm here to bring you back home."

I look at the gaze I was getting from my brother and father before yanking my arm away from Nicholas's hold and throwing them up in the air.

"What the heck is going on?" I asked no one in particular, I was just waiting for someone to tell me what was going on.

"Nicholas came and now we are settling some business, " Damien answered, looking at Nicholas with the same intensity, "and we are almost finished."

I look back at Nicholas to see if that was the truth. He nodded, confirming that it was true. But I knew something was up. The atmosphere was too tense, even a knife couldn't cut through it.

Nicholas again grips my wrist and starts pulling me towards the door.

"Wait. Stop, Nicholas!"

He stops not looking at me, instead, he was looking at the three men.

"We will finish this later."

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my family that I got to finally see before I was pulled away and into a car.

-*-

I sat in the same bed I been staying in for a little over a month. After we came back, I was stuck back inside my room while Nicholas was keeping his promise to my father and Damien. He indeed was finishing their conversation, leaving me alone in the dark.

I always was left out of everything. Making it difficult for me to understand what was going on.

I walk to the bathroom to splash water into my face to wake myself up. Looking up at my reflection, I just stare at the face that looked tired with droplets dripping down her face. I look back down again and stare at the water draining in the sink.

Then my eyes caught something. I wipe my face dry and glance at the pin that I found not too long ago.

"That's why it looks so familiar."

Flash

"Ah, " I grip my head and shook it. The same flash I felt before appeared in my mind, but this time it last longer.

Suddenly my eyes widen. Those people. It was my mother and father standing in front of something. What was this memory? What did it connect to?

I sigh in heavily and place the pin back down. Everything was a mess, and everything that has been happening recently wasn't helping.

"Rosaline?"

"Yes?" I called out.

"I'll wait when you are finished."

I walk out of the bathroom and look at Nicholas who was waiting for me.

"You're Ken's daughter, right?" I asked.

I nodded my head. I saw his jaw tighten, him swallowing hard before relaxing again.

"Did he tell you why he wanted to see me?"

I shook my head.

"No. Did he tell you?"

He was quiet, a cloudy look was in his eyes. As if he was debating whether or not to tell me or not.

"I never told this to anyone other than Jeremy so please...don't judge me for having a hard time telling you this."

"I promise I won't, " I told him placing my right hand over my heart.

He looks at my eyes for a minute before speaking, "I have a younger sister...she was my partner in crime for everything." He sucks in a breath before continuing, "one day she went out to buy her snacks that she was obsessed with. She was gone for a while so I decided to check on her."

He paused again, blinking a couple of times.

"Just when I was about to search for her my mom got a phone called that she got into an accident...but the thing is. It wasn't an accident. It happened on purpose."

I cover my mouth in shock. I was speechless.

"H-how does this connect with wha-" I connected the dots, "my father or Damien was the reason why your sister is hurt. Isn't it?"

He nodded his head slowly.

"I-I...I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault. And to answer your question without explaining, even more, your father called to apologize. Turns out she appeared at the wrong place at the wrong time, causing her to get hurt. She got caught in the middle of the accident your family was in."

"I see...but why are you telling me all of this?" I asked him. I didn't need to know something this personal. I just needed to know the short part of it.

"Because," he places his palm on my cheek and stare at me, "I like you."

~*•Author's Note•*~

Tbh, I don't know what to write.
So I'm trying to think of something to make it progress towards the end of this sequel.

I'm basically trying to get Nicholas and Rosaline to start dating so that the story could move forward more.

Stay safe y'all.
Make sure to wear your mask, clean your hands, don't touch your face,
and stay 6 feet apart! Or just stay at home!

Don't mind my poor grammar, typo, mistake, and misspelling.

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT

Until next time