C h a p t e r 2 3

Rosaline

"What's all of this? Is it someone's birthday?"

When I woke up and walk downstairs to eat breakfast, I was placed in a chair and surrounded by food. It was more than usual and the food looked more appetizing than it usually is.

"Yes, " Nicholas answered me as he places a glass of water in front of me.

"Who?" I asked, was it his?

My inside almost freaked out. I didn't even get him anything.

He didn't answer instead place a plate in front of me making me gasp.

"Happy Birthday, Rosaline."

I was touched. My eyes began to water a bit as I stare at the perfectly made waffles covered in chocolate with my name on them. I turn and look up at Nicholas with a smile on my smile. He was the first person in my life to make me something for my birthday.

"How did you know? And is it really my birthday today?"

I haven't celebrated my birthday in so long that I forgot about it. Time flies by so fast.

I felt Nicholas lean down and clip something on my hair before whispering to me, "someone may or may not have told me. And yes, it's your birthday today. September 7th."

The smile on my face didn't leave my face as I felt love and warmth. It was a first for me, having attention on me and not alone on my birthday. I let out another gasp when someone entered the dining room with a present in their hands. I stood up and ran to them.

"Noah! You're here!"

I heard him chuckled. I barely knew him but it felt like I knew him for my entire life.

"Dad couldn't come but he wishes you a happy birthday. And as for your mom, " I frowned when he mentioned my mother, "she didn't say anything. But you have me!"

I smile at his comment before dragging him to the table. Making him sit on my right since Nicholas was already sitting on my left.

"Wow. The maids did a great job on the birthday breakfast, " Noah commented.

I heard a cough on my left making both of us look at Nicholas.

"I was the one who made it."

"Oh!"

Noah then looks at him then at me. His eyes looked at the clip on my hair for a while before he picks up a heart shape strawberry and wiggles his eyebrows at Nicholas. I didn't know what they were saying with their eyes but Noah must have said something to make Nicholas glare at him.

We soon start eating breakfast after the two were done staring at each other. I complimented Nicholas when I ate the homemade waffles.

"What's the plan for today?" Noah spoke, but his words were muffled by the food in his mouth.

Nicholas pointed his fork at him, "you are not invited."

He pouted at him then turn to me, "I'm sure my sister wouldn't mind. We do have a lot to catch up with."

I nodded my head in agreement. This would be the perfect time to catch up. Since we never knew the other existed until now. Or maybe he did but I didn't. But then again, the look Nicholas was giving me made me want to agree with him.

"How about Noah join us for half the plan and then the other half is just you and me?" I told Nicholas but was also telling Noah at the same time.

Noah nodded his head while Nicholas just grumbles under his breathe before agreeing, "whatever makes you happy so that I can see that smile forever."

I felt my face heat up from his comment before looking away and continued talking with Noah instead. Earning a small chuckled from Nicholas.

-*-

"Go home, Noah."

"We barely hang out."

"30 minutes is long enough."

I sat in the car waiting while the two guys argued in front of the house. We got home after spending some time together and now Nicholas is forcing Noah to stay home. And of course, Noah wasn't having it.

"30 minutes is definitely not long-"

All of a sudden he stops his shouting when Nicholas pulled him by his ear and whispered something to him. I couldn't hear anything since I was stuck inside the door with the door only wide enough to let my legs out.

Suddenly the door open making me flinched back out of surprise.

"Have fun sis, I'm going to go and rest for today. The plane trip made me feel exhausted, " Noah told me before closing the door again and walking away.

"Bye, I guess?"

I looked away from the window when the door to the driver seat opened and revealed Nicholas getting inside. He buckled up and restarted the engine before looking at me with his head tilt.

"It's just you and me now, bellissima"
(Beautiful)

I shrink in the sit I was sitting on and wished I could just become one with the car seat as a blush erupted on my face and neck. He let out a laugh not making the situation better before smiling at me.

"Don't be shy. You're going to have to get used to it since there will be more than just one complaint after today."

I just stared at him with wide eyes as my lips were pressed together. I thought I wouldn't catch any feelings but you are making it harder now.

He smiled again then lean back on his seat, pulling out of the driveway while playing the radio. He hummed to the beat with a smile on his face. I smiled at him as I couldn't wait for what he was planning for the rest of my birthday.

Thank you for the wonderful birthday

Vote and Comment