C h a p t e r 3 0

Nicholas

"What's the best way to get someone to fall in love with you?" I mumbled to myself as I searched online.

Rosaline and I dated for a little over a week but I was already desperate for her to confessed to me that she likes me back.

"What?" Jeremy blurted out.

I didn't bother explaining to him as I typed a different question to google and see if I got any better suggestions.

"I thought you and Rosaline are already dating?"

"Yes, but she agreed to date me not because she actually liked me. Now I'm trying to find a way to get her to fall for me, " I explained to him as I click on a website.

"Welp. I guess I won't be any help. I been single for my entire 26 years of living, and still counting."

I rolled my eyes at him, he always complained how he was lonely but every time a girl would come up to him he would threaten them with his gun. His excuse was that they looked suspicious to him.

"I don't how I manage to tolerate you for so long, " I mumbled to myself.

I heard a loud gasp and instantly knew he was going to dramatically look at me with an offended face.

"How could you say that! We have been friends since we are in diapers!"

Here we go again.

"After all my hard work of helping you cheat on your math test, help you your paperwork, and do all the dirty jobs that's how you show your appreciation to me. I'm highly upset, " he rambled on. Giving me a whole speech about how he was upset with me.

"And I thought you were becoming nicer after you met Rosaline. But noooo, you became even more of a pain in the ass. I got double the work, overnight shift-which by the way I'm not getting paid enough, and be the third wheel in almost every place I am with you, " he continued.

"Are you done?"

He paused and point a finger at me, "no."

I shook my head and decided to zone him out and went back on planning a date for Rosaline. I could still hear him pouring his heart out as I pick a restaurant to go to.

In the middle of my google search, the door was opened and one of my men rushed inside.

"Don.."

I waved at him to speak while Jeremy stood in the middle, finally quiet.

"The Russians are here!"

I immediately stood up and slam my hands on the wooden desk, "and why are you here? Let them it! Don't make my future in-laws wait outside!" I yelled at him.

He jumped and was about to run out the door after bowing his head at me when he paused and slowly turn his head to me, his eyes widen as a sausage, "f-future in-laws?"

I nodded my head, "do I need to explain what that means?"

He gulped, "n-no, sir. I-I be heading outside to open the gate now."

He ran like his life depends on it and rushed out of the room with the door slam shut behind him. I let out a sigh and fix my suit before walking downstairs with Jeremy behind me. My heart raced a little at the thought of meeting her father again, but this time I was dating her.

When I walk downstairs, Rosaline was already there happily talking to the three men, her father smiling at her as she talks while Damien was looking at them with a warm small smile. Noah on the other hand was gazing out the window which led to the garden. I didn't bother checking on what he was looking for since my attention was glued to the specific black hair girl.

"Hello, Mr. Ken and Mr. Damien, it's a pleasure to have you all here. Including you Noah."

His eyes turned to me to acknowledge me before looking at the same place he was looking at.

I ignored his weird behavior and sat next to Rosaline, when she noticed me she pulled away from her father and grinned at me.

"I can see you been treating Rosaline well. She's glowing with happiness."

I looked up at her father and gave him a nod, "of course. Rosaline deserves nothing but the best." I felt a small slap and look down at a bashful Rosaline that was mouthing at me to stop being so cheesy. I grinned at her, pecking her forehead before looking at the two men that were observing our entire interaction.

"Well, what brings you here?"

"Ah, yes! We are here to handle some business, and in the meantime, we decided to stop by while we are here, " Ken explained.

I looked at Damien to see some confirmation and saw that he nodded his head and tilt his head to Noah, "also because someone may or may not got caught in a fair maiden's trap."

We all looked at Noah and saw that he was still gazing at something, I look at what he was looking at and saw he was staring at a maid. Not just any maid, a young particular maid that made him stared at her for so long.

"I see. You are welcome to stay here as long as you like. After all, you are my little rose's family."

"We already have a place to stay, but I'm sure Noah wouldn't mind staying here again, " Damien said.

That caught Noah's attention, "hm?"

"You wouldn't mind staying here with Nicholas and Rosaline while Ken and I stay at the mansion?"

Noah glanced at the garden then back at Damien before nodding his head furiously.

"Great, we will meet again, tomorrow. It was nice chatting but I believe it is getting too late for Ken and me to stay, " Damien said as he stood up along with the rest of us.

"My pleasure. Feel free to come here whenever you like, " I said as I guided them out of the door.

Once the door was shut I grabbed Rosaline's hand and pulled her aside to where only she and I can hear our conversation. Her eyes widen at the sudden action as she looked at me with questioning eyes.

"It seems like your brother fancy one of my maids."

"I suppose you're right, " she answered back when she saw Noah still staring at the maid on the same spot, unmoved.

I grinned at that as an idea came up, "how about we get them together? Want to be my matchmaker partner?" I whispered to her. And in the meantime, I'll make you fall for me as we get Noah and the maid together.

Her lips curved into a smile as her eyes glittered in excitement, "Totally!"

Plan is officially started.