C h a p t e r 3 9

Rosaline

"Oh my gosh-"

My hands were over my mouth as I stared at Nicholas with my eyes wide as a sausage. In front of me was Nicholas holding a paper sky lantern in his hand, I turn around and saw that everyone else had one and was paired up with someone.

"What's happening?" I whispered out, still in shock.

"It's a lantern night. We were lucky enough to be here during the annual event, " Nicholas explained to me then passing me a pen, " these are wishing lanterns. You write your wish and set it free, if it flys far and high your wish should come true."

I gaped at him as he placed the paper lantern to me. I grabbed it and looked at him for a bit before writing my wish down.

I wish for my friends and family to be healthy and happy.

Once I was done I gave it to him. He blocked my view as he wrote down his wish. When he was finished he didn't show me what he wrote, making me pout at him.

"Sorry, but it's a secret, " he said to me.

"That's not fair! I let you see mine!" I argued back.

He shook his head at me, "I didn't see it. I looked away when you passed it to me."

I frowned knowing that I lost the argument.

After everyone was finished writing their wish on their lantern we unfold it and got it ready for it to float in the night sky. I stared in amazement as I watched Nicholas undo the paper lantern and lit up the fire spot.

He gestured me to come closer to him as he placed the lantern in my hands. My eyes widen as I slightly panic.

"Nicholas-what if I drop it?!"

I heard him chuckled as he put his hands on top of mine and help me hold it, "don't worry. I'm here."

He guides my hands as we both lifted the lantern, "1...2...3!"

A gasp left my lips when we let go and the lantern floated, along with hundreds of others that came after ours. It was like a Rapunzel's scene. The already lit up sky lit up even more as the fire inside the lantern filled the sky. Woah and wow filled the air as we watched it float slowly away.

I continuing keeping my eye on the lanterns until the last one disappeared from my eyesight. I let out a sigh hoping my wish came true. I turned around to face my friends again when I froze on my spot.

I suck in my breath as I stare at what was in front of me.

The lights were suddenly dimmed down and a row of candles was in front of me with Nicholas right at the end. When was this there?

"Surprise!" Nicholas said with a cheeky smile on his face. He handed me a bouquet of roses that I have no clue where it came from.

"Was I zoned out for that long, " I said my question out loud staring at the bouquet of roses in awe, "but what is all of this?"

That's when Nicholas pulled out a matching necklace.

"Nicholas..."

"I know you aren't ready for marriage yet but I already know you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. From the moment you came into my life, I knew you were someone special, not a stranger that will only appear once in my life. This is a promise necklace. I promise to you that I will be there for you and will always support you no matter what. Even if we have our bad days I promise to make you happy, the only tears coming out of your eyes will be happy tears, " he leaned down and whispered to my ears, "besides pleasure tears of course.

My eyes widen as I blushed like crazy from his last comment. His face didn't show any reaction but his eyes shined with amusement. I looked around trying to see if anyone notice but luckily none of our friends and family seem to notice.

"But, " I look up at Nicholas again, "in return I want your love and care showered only to me."

I smiled and quickly nodded my head, "of course!"

He smiled as he walked closer to me and wrapped the necklace with a ring with our anniversary date imprinted on it as the pendant, "and this necklace you and I will be forever each other's love and happiness."

Both of our faces broke in a wide smile as our friends and family broke into whistling and clapping. I hugged him tightly as he hugged me back and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you my little rose."

I tilt my head up so that my eyes connected with his, "and I love you my sweet bear."

"Ok! Break it up! It's time for the celebration cake!" Someone yelled out.

We broke apart and laughed as we joined our friends and family. I smiled as I watched every one. I never would have thought this day would come. When I would be happy and free from my mother's cage.

I touched the pendant and smiled widely.

My bits of patience really paid off.

-*-

Nicholas's wish

Hell is empty
and
all the devils
are here,
but I found
My Angel
and I hope
she will forever
stay with me.

Happy by my side.

THE END

IT'S FINALLY THE END!
I just realized I never mentioned
when Nicholas's parents find out that Mitchell is Rosaline's mother.
So I decided to write that as
the Epilogue, so stay tuned!

There will be some bonus chapters!

Thank you to everyone
who followed this journey!
I hope you guys enjoyed it!
And continue supporting me!
I will do my best and improve my grammar(which I am slowly relearning)

Speaking of supporting me,
I am planning on
publishing a new story,
so please check that
out when it comes out!

Anyways,
Thank you!