C h a p t e r 1 4

Nicholas

"I can't believe you're making me wear this stupid dress!"

I turn around and look at Rosaline who was complaining about the dress I made her wear. I don't see why she was complaining. It was wonderfully made and fit her nicely without making her look too fancy or too dull. It brings out her features, hiding her flaws away. But sadly it couldn't hide how annoying she can be.

"Quit complaining. You look fine, " I reassured her, opening the door for her when she came outside.

She snorted at my comment and got inside.

"Tell me why I have to go to this dinner with whoever, " she said once I got inside the car and started the engine.

"Because, " I started, " I need someone to come with me." To say the truth, I didn't tell why she was coming. I just told her she had to get dress for a dinner with someone important. I'm mentally praying she will not run and accidentally pull a trigger or even worst, hurt me.

"That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my entire life, " she said before looking out the window with her arms crossed.

I let out a sigh and continue driving to my old home. The moment we arrived the gate was pulled open once the guards saw my face. They stared blankly while I drive inside and park the car.

"This person must be rich, " I heard her mumbled when I opened the door for her.

I smirked at her, "That's because this is my parent's house."

I enjoy her reaction before she could attack me. Her eyes widen and her jaw dropped as she raised her hand and pointed a figure at me.

"No. No! You did not just trick me to go to your parent's house to eat dinner!" She yelled at me. I raised my hand in surrender when I notice the fire in her eyes becoming even more dangerous.

"Yes, I did. And you have no other choice but join me unless you are willing to be chase after by Shepherds, " I dared her.

She glared at me and lower her hand.

"Fine!"

She sticks out her hand and I took it but instantly wish I didn't because the moment I did her hands were squeezing my hand tightly and her nails were digging into my skin. I could see the veins around my wrist popping up.

"Damn woman! Are you trying to murder me in front of my parent's house!" I yelled at her.

She responded by squeezing my hand even harder. I wince and yelled at her again only to received an unfriendly smile from her. Our commotion and argument were interrupted by a banging sound from the large two doors just a few feet away from us.

"NICHOLAS! You came-oh."

My mother's hand was wide opened and a smiled on present on her face, but when she saw us she dropped her hand and look at us with a confused look. My father came into view just a couple of seconds later having the same expression on his face.

"Jeremy? Is that you?" My mother asked, "oh wait. You're the girl staying at his place for now!" My mother said when she finally recognized Rosaline.

"Oh! What a pleasant surprise!" She said to Rosaline the moment she stood in front of us. She hugged her and gave her a warm smile before standing in front of me, "I thought Jeremy was supposed to be here."

"Woah Woah Woah. What?!" Rosaline shouted.

I ignored her and look at my mom. I bend over to her ear and whispered to her, "we are not dating. Sorry for lying mom."

She let out a sigh of relief, patting my shoulder with a smile on her face before she grabbed my ear and yank it.

"Ah!" I wince when she twisted it.

Why are all the women physically attacking me?!

"How dare you lied to me and made me had a heart attack!" She scolded me in front of my dad and Rosaline.

"Alexis! Let him go before he has one missing ear, " my father said when my mother was still holding onto my ear.

The fact that I was an extra foot taller than her was bad enough. I had to bend over as she held onto my ear with a death grip.

"Fine. Let's just go eat now, " my mother said once she let go of my ear.

I rubbed the swollen ear and narrowed my eyes at Rosaline who was snickering behind me. She sticks out her tongue at me and skipped to the house with me slowly walking behind her.

"You got a nice house, Nicholas."

"Seem like your normal house, " I answered. It had those basic white pieces of furniture with marble tiles and a neutral wallpaper. The only difference was that it was bigger than most houses.

"You're just used to being rich, " she replied.

I didn't answer and continued walking. I pulled out a chair for Rosaline once we arrived at the diner table so that my mother didn't fuss at me and then took a seat.

"Rosaline. It's so nice to have to with us in a better situation, " my mother said. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Thank you, Mrs. Peterson." My mother grinned at her.

"Well. When is the wedding then?"

I spit out the drink that I was drinking and dabbed my mouth with the table cloth while trying to register what my mom just say.

"What?" Not surprisingly, I was not the only one surprised. Rosaline was tensed with her hand midair as her eyes dilated in size.

"What?" My mother asked, looking at both of us, " I thought you guys are getting married or something. Why else would you show up together?"

"Mom, " I quietly said with my hands placed on my lap, "I brought her here so that you would not believe that I'm a guy. We, " I pointed at Rosaline and myself, "are NOT. N.O.T. Getting married nor are we dating, " I cleared up any of the miscommunication that was happening between us.

But a random part of me liked the idea was getting married to her. I barf at the idea of spending time with her annoying self. The wine must have messed up my mental mind.

"Wow, " my father said while sipping his wine when I finished talking.

"Oh, " my mother said, the light in her eyes dimmed.

"yeah..."

And like some miracle, the door to the kitchen opened and food began to pile on the table. Let's just say the rest of a bit awkward and weird.

"I'm never bringing you to dinner ever again, " I whispered to Rosaline when my parents looked away.

She scoffed at me, " I never wanted to come in the first place."

She stabbed her meat and glared at me. I frowned at her and look away.

~*•Author's Note•*~
Hi.
I'm back.

Sorry for the delay in update. I was lazy and had a lot of studying and homework to do. But sadly I still manage to get an F on my tests. :|

But anyways. I'm trying to update another chapter this week because of Thanksgiving break. So stay tune for that.

Stay safe y'all.
Make sure to wear your mask, clean your hands, don't touch your face,
and stay 6 feet apart! Or just stay home!

Don't mind my poor grammar, typo, mistake, and misspelling.

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT

Until next time