C h a p t e r 2 9

Rosaline

"Do you have any snacks here?" I asked when I started to get a bit hungry.

"Yes, there's a kitchen to your left. Just walk a little down the hall until you see the kitchen."

I nodded my head and got up to find the kitchen. At first, I was confused about where it was until I founded it. I whispered in amazement when I was in the grand kitchen. It was massive.

"What do we got in here?"

I open the fridge and close my eyes as the cold breeze hit me, when I opened my eyes again I was hit with the wonderful sight behold in front of me. Well, holy moly. This is what you call a food wonderland.

My hands twitch in front of me as I ran my eyes over the many selections of foods. Just grab all of them! I screamed to myself. And so I did.

I had to put all the snacks in a bowl that I found since it was too much for me to hold. I was eating ice cream while walking back to Nicholas's office when I heard some voices. I stop in front of the door, shifting the bowl to my left hand then opened the door with my right hand.

The voices stopped and two heads turn to me. One was Nicholas and the other was Rachel.

"Oh! Rachel! It's nice to see you!" Not really.

"Same here."

I walk over to Nicholas and plop down on the bean bag as I continue eating all the snacks I chose.

"Are any of them for me?" I looked up and saw Nicholas with a pout on his face, but his eyes were looking at me with amusement.

I smiled and played along, feeding him some chocolates and cookies. A cough interrupted us making him groan and for me to turn my head away in embarrassment.

"It was nice catching up with you Rachel, but I would like to hang out with Rosaline now."

I looked up and saw a sour Rachel as she nodded her head and slowly walk away from the room.

"I think she likes you, " I blurted out.

I covered my mouth and pretended I didn't say anything, but Nicholas heard it. I heard him let out a sigh.

"I think so too."

I looked up at him in shock. So he knows? I looked down biting my lip. Will he leave me as Chad did? No, no he won't. He promised.

A hand suddenly gripped my chin and made me looked up at a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

"Stop biting your lip, " he said as he gently pulled my bottom lip away from my teeth, "and stop thinking negatively."

"Ho-"

"I know you. Don't worry, I will never leave you for anyone else. You're the one for me," he told me.

"I wasn't doubting you, I just suddenly felt insecure. I guess I don't trust myself, " I mumbled the last sentence.

"And why is that?" He demanded, "why would such a beautiful little thing feel insecure?"

I blushed a little as he placed my head on his shoulder, "I-... I don't know."

He patted my head and lifted my body until I was straddling him. I blushed even more and buried my head on his shoulder. He chuckled at me as he hugged me tightly, "Never doubt our relationship. I'm yours just like you are mine. Like I said before, you're stuck with me forever."

My stomach fluttered like a bunch of butterflies were flying inside of it. Maybe I should do this more often. Nah, don't want to be stressed over a girl.

-*-

Ring ring

"Hello?" I answered sleepily, the phone called woke me up from my deep slumber that I was enjoying.

"Rosaline?"

"Dad!"

I heard him chuckled as I sat up from the bed.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing well, and I think you are too. Since I heard from a little somebody that you got a boyfriend."

I smiled, "yes. Did Noah told you I was dating Nicholas?"

"Mhm. Is he treating you alright? I may be across the world from you but I will surely zoom over there to shoot him if you needed me to."

"Dad!" I gasped out.

"What? " I could see him acting innocent when he said that. I let out a sigh, "you don't need to. He has been the best!"

"That's great to know."

We chat for a little longer and when we finally hang up it was already one in the morning. I placed my phone on the night desk and snuggled back to my bed.

Life is finally getting back on track, I thought when I thought back to everything that been happening after my awful breakup.

I closed my eyes and slept peacefully with a smiled on my face.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT!