C h a p t e r 2 8

Rosaline

"It's just a scab, not a broken bone, " I told him for the fifth time. And once again, he ignored me.

"I know, but I'm just making sure you don't get hurt again. I promise you to take care of you and now look at what happened to you."

"But did I blame you for it? No, so stop blaming yourself. As much as I enjoy your caring self, I'm completely fine."

He didn't look convinced at all. I let out a sigh and decided to give up.

"I heard you talk to Rachel."

"Did Jeremy tell you that?"

"Yes. Was she the reason why you're hurt?"

"Sort of. She said it was an accident, " I told him while playing with his curly hair. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes, connecting his blue eyes to my grey eyes.

"You're beautiful you know."

My cheeks turn red from the sudden compliment. I looked away when he started smiling at my blushing face.

"You're so cute, " I blushed even more.

"My adorable little rose."

"Look at those adorable tomato cheeks."

I was turning redder and redder as he got up and kelt complimented me. Joying how embarrassed I was.

"S-stop, " I whined out.

He shook his head negative, "no can do rose, " and then he starts attacking me with tickles.

I began laughing, which felt odd. After so many years I was laughing. Laughing with someone I liked.

"S-stop! Nicholas!"

He tickled my weak spot and made me burst into another fit of giggles. He smiled at me as he connected the torture until I couldn't breathe anymore.

"You should laugh more. It suits you, " he said after letting me breathe.

"You know, this is my first time I laughed since I was a kid, " I told him with my head rested on his shoulder. I heard him let out a small gasp from what I said.

"Was your childhood that awful? To the point, you can't laugh?"

I nodded my head and snuggled closer to him. He felt so warm and like home. A home I finally felt safe and happy. He patted my head, "you gone through so much. My strong rose." I smiled and closed my eyes, savoring the moment.

"Are we almost there!" I asked Nicholas when he told me he was bringing me to his office. He nodded his head and I began squeaking in happiness. The same reaction a kid would express if they got their favorite toy.

"Woahhhh! Now that's huge, " I said out loud when a huge building with Peterson on it came to view.

The door opened and both of us came out with me still looking up at the skyscraper with my jaw on the ground.

"Holy moly."

I heard him laughed beside me as he linked his hands with mine and start leading us inside.

"Wait until you see the interior."

"Is that Mr. Peterson?"

"Who is she?"

"Oh my gosh! They are holding hands! How cute!"

"She's so pretty."

"No, she's not."

We stopped and Nicholas turns to the group of employees that were looking at us. My eyes widen and I hid behind Nicholas's giant figure.

"Get back to work! Unless you are planning on leaving his company today."

"Y-yes, sir!"

He tightens his hold on me and continues leading me to the elevator where we were lifted to his office level.

"This is my office, " he whispered beside me when the elevator dinged.

"OH MY GOSH"

"There's a freaking stair inside too! Holy crap!"

"You want to see the upper layer?"

I nodded my head furiously. He let out a chuckled and grabbed my hand leading me up to the second floor. I could tell he loved dark interiors and I didn't blame him. It looks beautiful.

"Did you install a freaking penthouse inside your office?" I muttered out, glancing at the bed all the way to the end of the hall.

"Well. I used to stay overnight and work so I had this floor installed for me to sleep in when I can't make it home."

"Wow."

I was speechless. I could almost faint from the blinding, well not really blinding, sight.

"I'm going to visit you more often now, " I declared when we finally walk over to the bed area. I sigh from the silk pillow and enjoy the cooling sensation.

"Glad to know. I was going to make you come here either way."

I peep from the pillow and look at Nicholas who was also laying on the bed.

"You're amazing, " I whispered to him.

"So are you."

I actually not that busy as I expected so here's another update. Enjoy.

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT!