SEVEN. aye, aye captain

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The members of A-Troupe were scattered around Studio A, whether some were sitting or standing, as they conversed. East stood in a circle with Giselle, Thalia, Noah, and Max as they chatted. The tension between everyone finally broke after yesterday and now, they were slowly starting to feel like a team.

"Hey, you guys, listen up!" Miss Kate stepped into the area with an envelope in her, grabbing everyone's attention as they all huddled up. "I have a letter from the Internationals board." East shared a grin with Noah as excited murmurs scattered around the room. Miss Kate opened the envelope and read the letter inside. "At Internationals, you'll have to work as a team, but you won't get far without a leader. Declare a captain and you'll be one step closer to Miami."

For the first challenge, it was an easy one. Everyone gestured to Michelle, who was the dance captain since Emily left because of an injury. However, it seemed like Michelle had more to say about the issue.

"Uhm, actually, guys, I've decided to step down as dance captain," Michelle announced, earning shocked and confused reactions from everyone.

"So now what?" Amanda asked.

"Look, guys, with Emily gone and Michelle stepping down," Miss Kate began, "I have made the executive decision that Giselle will be our new dance captain."

"Me?" Giselle inquired, looking quite shocked, while everyone applauded for her and agreed that Miss Kate's decision was a good one. "Okay!"

Well, not everyone. Shantel seemed to have a problem as she stepped forward and broke the applauds. "Guys, no. What about me?" East looked quite wary at that. Last she heard, Giselle and Shantel's duet failed because Shantel refused to get to know Giselle and work on the exercise properly. "I want a chance to be dance captain too."

"Alright," Kate said. "This is what we'll do: Shantel, you will choreograph a group; Giselle, you will choreograph a group. Those two groups will compete against each other and the winning dance will determine the dance captain."

. . .

There were two groups with different dance styles — Shantel's group was doing contemporary and Giselle's group was doing hip-hop. As much as East loved contemporary and was proficient at it, she chose hip-hop because she loved it too and wanted to improve on her skills. She joined Giselle's hip-hop group, which consisted of herself, Chloe, Max, and Eldon, whereas Shantel's contemporary group was formed up with West, Sam, Noah, and Thalia.

While Shantel's group got to rehearse in Studio A, Giselle's group got the music room. East was quite excited to work on this group number; Chloe, Max, and Eldon were exceptional dancers, and having Giselle as their temporary dance captain would make their dance great and would hopefully teach her a lot of new things.