ELEVEN. just... different

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It had been a few days since Chloe left and A-Troupe still hadn't found a fourteenth dancer. So, to release some of the nerves during their morning rehearsal, West and Eldon decided to do flips for their team. East stood by one of the barres between Noah and Sam, watching with a smile as West and Eldon performed their flips. She hoped that one day she could pull off that.

Miss Kate, however, stopped the party when she entered the room. "Guys, listen up! I just got off the phone with the Internationals board and they need the list of our dancers. So we need to figure out who's going to replace Chloe."

"Uhm, I think we might need two dancers," Cierra voiced, causing East to grow confused. As far as she knew, only one person had left A-Troupe.

"Why?"

"Well, you might be moving back to Madison, right, Michelle?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

Although Miss Kate looked angry, East was kinda shocked. She had heard around that Michelle's parents were getting divorced, but she didn't think Michelle would have to move.

"What are you doing?" Michelle questioned Cierra.

"Look, Michelle, I know you're an amazing dancer," Cierra began, "but this is a huge risk. This is Internationals. I want all fourteen of us to be there. Right now, there just might be some other dancers that are more reliable."

"Michelle," Kate spoke up, ready to question Michelle next, "is this true?"

"Well, yeah, my parents are getting a divorce," Michelle explained, "and my mom's moving back to Madison, and my dad's staying here. So I don't know who I'm staying with yet."

"So you're saying you might not be coming to Internationals with the team."

"I don't... I don't know."

East felt bad for Michelle, but Cierra had a point. This was Internationals and they couldn't be taking risks. Michelle was a great dancer, so hopefully, she'd know soon. And by soon, like in less than 24 hours.

"Well, I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to let me know by tomorrow or otherwise I'm gonna have to replace you," Miss Kate declared.

Seeing that was the only option, Michelle reluctantly agreed. "Okay."

. . .

"I can't believe you ate the last muffin," East grumbled as she tied her shoe, giving West a glare from where she sat on the bench.