TWENTY-SEVEN. risk it all

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Over the past few weeks, a lot of changes had occurred in East's life. For starters, West along with Eldon and James were in London because they had been invited to the Bangerz and Mashers Hiphop Extravaganza competition. Although East was happy that her brother got this opportunity, she was starting to miss him a bit. Other than having one less sibling to deal with, East's focus had been on the qualifier that was approaching soon. She, Richelle, Noah, and Piper had been working on it for the past few weeks and it was coming together nicely. Now, they needed to perfect it, and right now, as they were rehearsing it with Riley watching, that was their main priority.

"Alright, guys, from the same spot," Riley told the four dancers who stood in their line placement. "Ready? Five, six, seven—"

"Hey, could we go a little bit slower, Riley?" Noah cut Riley off and East threw a confused look his way.

Riley deadpanned. "That's the tempo, Noah."

"Okay."

Riley counted down the dancers again and Richelle, East, Noah, and Piper resumed their routine. However, unlike East, Piper, and Richelle, Noah wasn't dancing full out. Instead, he was marking it, which only caused Riley to throw him scolds to do it full out.

"Stop. Stop there." Riley sighed as the quartet stopped. "Uhm, Piper, East, and Richelle, that was good. Noah, what's with the marking?"

"I'm just saving my energy for the qualifier," Noah simply stated.

"Could I speak to you in my office? Now, please."

"Yeah."

"Girls, you can just cool down. You're done for the day."

Riley and Noah left for the office, leaving East, Piper, and Richelle in much confusion. Neither of them knew what was bothering Noah and East knew he wasn't just 'saving his energy'. The last time they rehearsed, he went full out. Something was wrong.

. . .

Kai sat at one of the tables of Java Junction with Henry, the two listing the best horror movies that had been released so far this year. However, their conversation was put to a stop when Skylar and LaTroy approached them.

"Henry, drop the juice. Kai, drop your muffin," Skylar instructed and Kai sent her a perplexed look. "We're going to the rehearsal room."

"Why?" Henry hesitantly asked.

"I may have convinced Riley to give us another chance at the qualifier."