THIRTEEN. the fine art of square dancing

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

East stood between Noah and Stephanie as she stretched her legs. The rest of A-Troupe were doing the same in a circle in Studio A as this was something they usually do before they start rehearsing. East noticed that everyone's attention went to something behind her. She looked back and saw that it was the carrier. She immediately bubbled up with excitement, watching as the man entered Miss Kate's office and put a mail there before leaving. The Internationals board had been throwing the team so many unexpected surprises thus far and East was enjoying the different and unique challenges. She couldn't wait to see what was next in-store.

"What do you guys think the next dance is?" West raised the question.

"Well, we know we have a 2-7 person dance," Giselle began listing. "We know we have a duet, semi-finals, finals. So why don't we start working on an 8 person dance? Just to be prepared."

"No," Stephanie shook her head, with some people agreeing with her. "Not another dance."

Honestly, they already had a lot of dances, but East understood what Giselle was trying to do. This was Internationals and they had already been thrown with a lot of unexpected twists, so having backup dances was necessary. On the other hand, the team had a lot of dances and still needed to clean them.

"What if we need to prepare this and we don't have it?" West suggested.

"He's got a point," East agreed with her brother.

"Exactly," Giselle said.

"But we have so many dances already," Sam countered. "Why waste our time on making another one when we could work on the ones we have?"

"The thing is, we can have as many dances as we want," Cierra voiced her side, "but if they're not good then we're not gonna advance anyways."

The whole 'more dances' vs. 'no more dances' debacle started up a heated debate amongst the A-Troupe dancers. It carried on like that for a while, with even some dancers stepping out of the argument. Thankfully, Miss Kate arrived and settled everyone down, deciding it was best to open the mail. Once everyone was back in the studio, Miss Kate decided to open the letter. Though East felt like someone was missing, she was too eager to know what was in the letter to ponder on that thought.

"Okay, well, apparently," Miss Kate started, the green Internationals envelope in her hands, "we all need to learn how to square dance because that is what this next round is."

Now that was a twist. A twist East definitely liked. She shared an excited grin with Cierra, who stood next to her because recently the two watched 'Hannah Montana: The Movie' at a sleepover at East's house.