SIXTY-ONE. promposal frenzies

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Apparently, the universe currently loved making East feel miserable. First, it was seeing Richelle kiss a guy she didn't really like. Then, it was the announcement of The Next Step hosting a prom. She and Noah were currently working on the opening number for the upcoming convention with Richelle, Jacquie, Summer, Kai, and Henry, so it was helping East take her mind off of prom.

"Okay, guys, that was good," East spoke to her teammates once they finished.

"Yeah, let's take a little break," Noah said, earning pleased smiles from the dancers. The dancers made their way to the benches, prompting Noah to drag East with him over to where his guitar case lay against the office. He opened his case and took his guitar out, putting the strap around him with a nervous look. "I'm so nervous. Why am I so nervous?"

"Stop worrying. Jacquie's gonna love this," East assured him with an amused smile. Noah was going to prompose to Jacquie with a song he wrote for her. He showed East and she was certain that Jacquie would melt at the song. "It's cute in a cheesy rom-com way."

"Okay. Uhm, how do I look?"

"The same as you always do."

"And my hair? What about my hair?"

"Your hair?"

"Yes, my hair, East. I'm nothing without it."

East chuckled at Noah's antics. "Your hair's fine. I mean, there's one strand out of place but it's fine—"

"What?" Noah began freaking out as he patted his hair. "Is it good?"

"No, you didn't get it. Noah, Jacquie doesn't like you because of your hair. You'll be fine."

"Fine." Noah sighed. "And when you go back to the team, don't do that weird smile you do whenever you get excited."

"Smile? I don't... I don't do a smile," East denied with a scoff. However, Noah raised an eyebrow, gesturing to the wide grin on her face. "I'm doing it now, aren't I?"

"Big time."

"Okay, I'll just keep my head down until you do your promposal."

East sent a thumbs up to Noah before she headed to where Kai, Richelle, Henry, Summer, Jacquie, and now Finn, Amy, and Piper were standing. She kept her head down as she went to stand beside Kai. However, her friends certainly noticed this and sent her odd looks.

"What are you hiding?" Kai immediately questioned East.

"What?" East replied, her head still facing down. "What makes you think I'm hiding something?"