FORTY-TWO. the good, the bad & the ugly

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The A-Troupers of TNS East were scattered around in Studio 1, surprisingly not dancing at all. Instead, the majority of them were on their phones, either scrolling through social media, taking funny photos together, or playing video games. And currently, East was witnessing the horror of what a terrible video gamer Richelle was.

"Hit the turbo," East instructed Richelle, watching as she poorly began to lose the game. "Hit the turbo!"

"I'm hitting it. I'm hitting it!" Richelle responded in annoyance. Unfortunately, she lost a life in a matter of seconds, earning a disappointed sigh from East. "Like I said, video games are dumb."

"You're only saying that because you suck at them," East pointed out as Richelle handed her phone back to her.

"Oh, so I'm the problem?"

"Now you're getting it."

Before Richelle could retort, Emily's voice gained everyone's attention as the studio head stepped out of her office, a box under her arm.

"So I guess I am looking at a bunch of perfect dancers," Emily sarcastically spoke.

"Thank you," Kai responded with a smile from where he sat with Lola, Josh, and Noah on the floor. Noah nudged him, shaking his head as Emily grew annoyed. "Oh, sarcasm."

"Correct, Kai." Emily forced a smile his way. "From the moment you get into the studio to the moment you leave, your phones belong here." Emily gestured to the box she was holding out. "Let's go. Pronto!"

So, with their phones out of the way, A-Troupe began their rehearsals. Emily watched them perform their routine to Top of the World, giving them critics now and again. A lot was, unfortunately, directed to Piper. While East was performing her section with Richelle, Jacquie, Piper, Noah, and Kai, she noticed Piped struggling a bit and it only worsened when Emily kept giving Piper corrections. Though Emily was only trying to help, Piper seemed to be getting more stressed.

"Okay, uhm..." Emily began when the group ended their routine. "So it's... It's good. It does need a little bit of work, but I think we'll get there. Piper, maybe see me book some extra rehearsal time just to really get that choreo. But other than that, great job, guys. I am really impressed. And I have an announcement! So gather around."

As the dancers began making their way to the side of the room, East quickly approached Piper's side.

"Hey, Pipes, you wanna work on the routine together after rehearsals?" The curly-haired girl asked with a smile.