SEVENTY. 99 problems

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Between juggling the newest A-Troupe dance and her family drama, the last thing East needed was more troubles. This morning, the unexpected hit A-Troupe when they arrived at rehearsals — Davis left The Next Step and joined Miss Angela's Encore Dance Studio. This news shook the team. Not only have they decided to have no alternates at Regionals, but since Davis knew the 12-person dance inside out, they had to start their group dance from scratch.

It was going to be a very long day. East and Noah knew this upon beginning to choreograph the newest group dance from scratch. She wished Lily hadn't pried into The Next Step and lured one of their dancers to her and Miss Angela's studio, but there was no changing the past. What's done was done and now A-Troupe had to deal with the consequences.

The team was on their toes with learning the new choreography in Studio A, but East and Noah were hit the hardest by this sudden change. Sure, the two looked content as they went around the dance floor, giving their teammates feedback or helping them with some of the choreo. However, the pressure was on. East was managing to stay calm on the outside because Noah seemed calm, but on the inside, her anxiety was skyrocketing. Despite the chaos, she had hope — hope that A-Troupe would have an amazing routine by the end of the day and hope that, through it all, they'd take home the Regionals title.

Right now, East was going through a part of the choreography with Kai and Piper. Noah was busy helping Kenzie with a section of the choreo, and Finn, Ozzy, and Kingston were... Now that East thought about it, those three boys hadn't crossed her mind yet. She scanned the room, finding the boys in question. Finn was rehearsing, but Ozzy and Kingston were preoccupied with the latter's phone. East frowned in annoyance. Were they seriously wasting time?

"Uh, keep going through that section. I'll be back in a sec," East informed Kai and Piper, who both responded with nods. She left her two friends and headed over to Ozzy and Kingston, aka dumb and dumber. The two boys didn't feel her presence as East stood behind them, but that didn't diminish her annoyance. From the looks of it, Ozzy and Kingston had decided to waste precious time filming Finn, who was rehearsing. Why? East was about to find out. "Mind telling me why we're making a movie instead of making a routine?"

Kingston and Ozzy stiffened at the sound of their dance co-captain's irritated tone of voice. The duo lowered the phone and slowly turned to face East with nervous smiles, meeting her unimpressed frown.

"East," Kingston was the first to speak, his and Ozzy's anxious smiles remaining. East was a sweetheart and everyone knew that, but when it came to serious situations (like perfecting a twelve-person dance with limited time to spare), she could turn into a slightly nice version of a mean Richelle. "Did... Did you do something with your hair or something?"