FIFTY-FIVE. work

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

At The Next Step Dance Studio, change was bound to happen every which way. And even during the three weeks between scoring their ticket to Regionals and now, this was no surprise to East North. During these three weeks, Miss Kate fired Michelle and Emily from their positions as studio heads because they let Richelle dance on an injury, Richelle had been in the hospital since then, a few dancers such as Josh, Zara, and Lola left, and the new studio head of The Next Step was still unknown to A-Troupe. Despite the many troubles at hand, East kept a positive outlook. The road to Regionals was going to be hard, but giving up was not a choice. If A-Troupe wanted to win, they had to stay united as a team.

Miss Kate had told the A-Troupers that the new studio head would be arriving today. This was why in Studio A, the music to Work played as the dancers performed their routine they were going to show their new studio head. East missed Michelle and Emily so much. The two worked so well together. However, she was excited to meet the new studio head and work with them as well as with Noah to get to Regionals. Apparently, the new studio head was tough but always got results, so East hoped this routine would impress. East was loving every second of dancing with her teammates as it was clear that from the cheers around the room that everyone else was too. And hopefully, this new studio head would love it too.

The A-Troupers finished their routine, smiles on their faces as they froze in their ending positions. However, the grins on their faces disappeared quickly when a voice caught their attention.

"I suppose you call that barge of sloppy movement a 'dance'?" An unfamiliar voice caused all heads to turn to the source, seeing a brunette woman in a glittery jacket with an unimpressed expression. East's face flushed in worry. If this woman was the new studio head, then A-Troupe was in for a lot. The woman wasted no time introducing herself as Miss Angela or 'The Fixer'. She won Regionals eight times, so she was pretty legit. She brought in four other dancers who were wearing identical pastel blue shirts with TNS in gold glitter. East had no idea who these four dancers were, but she didn't raise any questions. Miss Angela kinda intimidated her. "So you all know who I am. Since I've been brought on to fix this team, I've been finding out who you are. I've been observing your weaknesses. I think I've got a good handle on that, so I brought on a few dancers to help round out the team." Usually, dancers had to audition for a spot in A-Troupe, but it looked like Miss Angela had her own way of doing things. First, she pointed to the tall brunette girl who East didn't recognize. "You'll recognize Summer. She has multiple awards." Then Miss Angela pointed to a blonde boy and a girl with braids. "This is Finn and Kenzie. They're great for pop and sizzle. You'll know what I mean soon enough." Lastly, Miss Angela pointed to the other brunette girl beside her. "And this is Lily. She brings star quality. Lily?"

"Okay, dancers. Line up," Lily suddenly instructed.

East shared a confused look with Noah. Since they were the dance captains, they usually told their teammates to line up. Hence the reason why the rest of A-Troupe looked their way. East and Noah just shrugged, prompting everyone to eventually line up. Miss Angela began eyeing everyone from left to right. First, she started with Ozzy.