SIXTY-FOUR. we are the champions... maybe

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The first day of the Absolute Dance Wildstylez Convention was amazing, so East couldn't wait for day two of the convention. Leon Blackwood was holding his workshop in Studio A today. The studio was currently filled with excited dancers who were stretching or chatting amongst one another. Among the crowd, East stood with Richelle and Jacquie, wearing a wide grin on her face. She couldn't believe that she and Richelle were going to be working with Leon Blackwood today!

"East, if you don't stop grinning like that, your face is gonna freeze that way," Jacquie told the girl, her and Richelle sharing amused smiles.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it," East replied, her smile still on her face. "I'm so excited! I can't believe we're assisting Leon Blackwood today. I feel like I'm dreaming." Richelle lifted her hand and reached out to East's arm before pinching her. The curly-haired girl flinched in response and rubbed her arm with a frown. "That hurt."

"Hey, I was just making sure you weren't dreaming," Richelle said as she and Jacquie chuckled.

The girls' attention drew to the entrance of Studio A, where Leon Blackwood stepped in, earning an immense round of cheers and applauds from the crowd of dancers. He took the stage and Emily introduced him to the dancers.

"All right, so today I'm gonna teach you a combo, and then at the end, I'mma select five of y'all to showcase the dance for everybody," Leon explained to the crowd of dancers. "Good? All right, let me have my two assistants, Richelle and East." East didn't waste a second to make her way onstage while Richelle followed behind. Leon greeted the two with smiles and hugs. "All right, East and Richelle, thank you guys so much. Ready to get started? Let's go, y'all!"

. . .

Leon's workshop went amazing and East was so thankful for the opportunity to assist him with Richelle. At the end of it, he chose the five dancers to showcase his choreography and they were Kenzie, Kai, Piper, and three other dancers who included a blonde girl East knew as Davis, Jacquie's older sister. East had met Davis a few times and she was the sweetest. As she stood with Emily, Richelle, Jacquie, and Kingston, watching the dancers perform Leon's choreography, she noted how great of a dancer Davis was. She knew Davis could dance, but she was doing an incredible job.

"I'm thinking Davis as a replacement for Amy," Emily said to her A-Troupers.

"Yeah!" East agreed with a nod.

"No!" Jacquie was quick to disagree.

"Why not?"

"Jacquie, she's your sister. What's the problem?" Emily asked.