FORTY-FIVE. on neutral grounds

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The A-Troupers of TNS East had been rehearsing their routine nonstop today because of the recent news Emily informed them with. Only one team could go to Regionals to represent The Next Step, so it was TNS East vs TNS West. The reality of this whole divide was hitting East. She would have to go up against her friends, her brother, to compete at Regionals. The thought of doing that just disgusted her, but she wanted to dance at Regionals, especially after last year.

"Okay, guys," Richelle grabbed the attention of East, Amy, Jacquie, Lola, Kai, and Noah who were all ready to rehearse their routine. "So today we're gonna be focusing on a six-person section of the twelve-person dance. Okay, so let's go from the top."

The dancers began performing their routine for Richelle who gave them small corrections as she watched. However, Kai got a bit distracted when Noah kept asking him to switch positions with him and Jacquie kept telling him to not do that as it'd mess up the formation. He didn't know what was going on with the two, but Noah was his bro and he had to honor bro-code. So Kai switched positions with Noah, despite the annoyance it gave Jacquie. The pair kept arguing as the dancers continued their routine and soon everyone picked up on this, including their dance captain.

"Jacquie, Noah, what are you guys doing?" Richelle questioned the bickering pair and all eyes fell on them. "Do you need to share this with the whole class?" Both Jacquie and Noah shook their heads. "It seems to be pretty important. Can it not wait until after rehearsals?" Noah and Jacquie nodded their heads. It was clear that they had annoyed Richelle. "Then don't waste my time. Again from the top, now. Switch back to your positions. I did not put you there."

. . .

East sat down at the bench in the locker room as she tied her shoelaces, her dance bag sitting next to her. It had been a very long day of rehearsals. Daniel and Emily, as well as Richelle, were determined on having the A-Troupers perfect their routine that would be going up against TNS West, which meant a lot of hard work and sweat for the past couple of hours. The curly-haired girl got up from the bench and turned to the lockers behind her, heading toward hers.

As she put in her locker combination and opened it, thoughts about the upcoming competition between TNS East and TNS West filtered her mind. It didn't sit right with East. Going against her brother, Piper who just recently joined TNS West, Henry who she also considered one of her best friends... It just felt wrong. The whole divide at The Next Step felt wrong. It brought in unnecessary conflict and there was already enough drama at The Next Step. If East had to be honest, The Next Step didn't feel like The Next Step anymore.

Pulling East out of her thoughts was the sound of approaching footsteps. She peeled her eyes from her locker and to the entryway, seeing that Richelle stepped into the room, her eyes widening a bit upon seeing East. East didn't blame her. Things had been painfully tense between them since... Well, since East stupidly confessed her love.