TWENTY-ONE. shining lights

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The Music Mystery round was the challenge for the next round and East had to say, this one would be a tough one. For this round, the Internationals board would give every team the same song. However, no one had heard the song, so no one could re-choreograph their dances as of yet. For the Music Mystery round, a turning competition would occur where each team selected the best turner in their team to compete. For The Next Step, their best turner was Eldon and a lot was riding on him. The last turner standing would get their team the longest time with the music and their team would go last in the round. However, if the turner fell first, that team had to perform first without hearing the music.

East stood with the rest of her team (bar Sam, West, Riley, Giselle, Max, and James who had to go rehearse), watching as the selected dancers from each team readied themselves. Eldon looked nervous, more than he was when he had to compete for the Mister International Soloist round. East had seen him turn, so she had faith in him. The turning competition soon began with each dancer on the floor doing their own chosen turns. East's anxious eyes stayed on Eldon as she and her teammates cheered him on.

Meanwhile, in the Orange Blossom room stood Sam, West, Giselle, Max, and James, the group discussing how they'd work around their dance during this round. With the new challenge, Sam knew that this round wasn't going to be easy.

"Okay, guys, we have a lyrical section," Giselle began listing to the group, "we have a hip-hop section, we kind of have our tumbling section. So what makes the most sense to me is if we get a rap song, we can do... We can put hip-hop section. If we get a ballet, we can extend our lyrical."

"Okay, okay, so what if we extend all the sections just to be safe then?" Riley suggested.

"Isn't that gonna take a while though?" Sam voiced his hesitation toward Riley's idea.

"Yeah, we have absolutely no time," West said in agreement with Sam. James and Max let out murmurs of agreement.

"No, guys, I agree with Riley," Giselle uttered. "We're wasting time just standing here, talking about it."

"You know what?" Max spoke up. "Let's just hope that Eldon does well in this competition so we don't have to go first."

. . .

So far, the group hadn't heard anything about the competition or how Eldon was doing. However, they did have some sort of idea in mind and Sam was glad they had something to rely on. West was explaining his idea from where he stood in the middle of the Orange Blossom room, while everyone else sat on various benches.

"I thought we could extend the dance, but after this section," West explained, showing the section he was referring to, "we go right into the tumbling section—"