TWELVE. new kid on the block

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

As Addicted 2 U bounced off the walls of Studio A, the members of A-Troupe danced to it in a carefree manner. As East stepped into the middle and did her eight counts of fouettés, she felt so great. They had a whole team and now she could focus on the next challenges — making sure she got onto one or more of the featured dancers. People still saw her as a J-Trouper and she was the youngest dancer on the team, so she had to prove she was A-Troupe material.

She went into a layout step as the A-Troupe dancers cheered before she stepped out of the middle for some of the A-Troupe girls to take the floor. As their dance continued, A-Troupe got into a line and swung their hips back and forth in a goofy manner, finishing off their dance. Laughter scattered around the room as the music died down, but something else soon caught everyone's attention.

"Well, now that I'm here," an unfamiliar brunette girl spoke and East didn't recall seeing her enter the room. The girl had an English accent, but East had no idea who she was, "which one of you is leaving?" East only grew confused by the minute as she glanced at Cierra, who also wore a perplexed frown. What did this girl mean by 'leaving' and who was she? The unnamed girl then pointed to Riley. "Is it you? You look like you need a holiday."

Riley looked a bit offended at that, but West began speaking, "Uh, who's the new girl?"

"The new girl is Ella. Nice to meet you."

Miss Kate stepped into the Studio and approached Ella's side, explaining, "Ella, here, is part of the exchange program at Internationals."

A chorus of 'ohs' was heard around the room, while East nodded her head. That explained why there was a girl from another country here.

"Okay, yeah, that makes more sense," West voiced everyone's thoughts.

"Yeah. She's from a dance studio in England," Kate elaborated, though Ella's accent kind of gave it away.

"None of you have actually answered my question," Ella reminded them all. Being informed of the new information, most of the dancers (East included) forgot what Ella had asked. "Which one of you is leaving? For the exchange of Internationals."

"One of you is going to Sweden. You'll be back in time for Internationals, don't worry."

"Miss Kate, who's leaving?" Thalia asked.

East hoped it wasn't her. As much as she loved the idea of going to another country like Sweden, if she left, that would mean that her chances of being in any dances for Internationals would be zero.