FIFTY-THREE. crash & burn

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The qualifier routine was coming together slowly. In two days, The Next Step would be filming it at a place Ozzy managed to get. So today was spent on finalizing the choreography. East and Noah got the dancers to practice the routine around Studio A. The co-captains decided to split who worked on what between them. So while Noah worked on the contemporary section of the routine, East focused on the hip-hop section of the routine and so far, it was looking good.

She was teaching the newest section of the routine to Piper, Josh, Kai, and Lola. While Josh, Kai, and Piper seemed to be having fun learning the choreography, Lola looked a bit distracted. East didn't know why, because she thought Lola loved doing hip-hop. However, when she was finished teaching them the routine, she decided to call for a break and pull Lola aside.

"Hey, Lola, are you okay?" East asked the blonde. "You seem distracted."

"Oh, no, I'm fine," Lola admitted.

She didn't convince East who noticed that she was staring at someone else. East turned around and followed her gaze on Richelle who was working on her pointe solo. Since the change to the choreography, Zara's hip-hop solo had been changed to a pointe solo and given to Richelle.

"Is Richelle okay?" East inquired. Lola seemed to be worried about Richelle.

"She's fine. She's fine," Lola assured with a tense smile. "Uhm, I just don't want her to... overwork herself. You know?"

"Yeah, I know. She does that sometimes, but I'll talk to her. In the meantime, work on the hip-hop choreo, okay?"

Lola nodded and rejoined Kai, Piper, and Josh who were going through the choreography. East glanced over to Richelle who seemed incredibly focused on her solo. She decided she'd talk to her later. She was happy that Richelle got a solo, but she hoped she wasn't putting more work than necessary into it.

"Hey, E," Noah gained East's attention as he approached her. East sent him a smile, wondering if he had gotten more of the choreography for the contemporary section down. "Uhm, so I asked Jacquie to help with the contemporary piece."

"Jacquie?" East repeated with a confused frown. "Why?"

"I mean, I've been kinda stuck and since you're working on the hip-hop section, I thought it be a good idea to ask one of the dancers. That's cool, right?"

"Yeah, it is. It's just... Jacquie can be very..." East trailed off as she tried to find the right words. "Uh, passionate. Are you sure it's a good idea to ask your girlfriend to do this?"