EIGHT. a ballet prodigy

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

For some reason unbeknown to East, her brother had submitted his name for The Nutcracker auditions and now, West, someone who hadn't even attend a ballet class, was insistent on getting in. Chloe offered to help West and had the idea of staging a mock ballet class in the music room. She asked East, Noah, and Abi for help and to come in their ballet attire. For East, that was her black leotard and her black skirt with her nude stockings and her hair in a bun.

"Thank you guys so much for helping me out," Chloe thanked them. "I'm sure West will appreciate it."

"No problem," Abi replied, she and East sharing a barre on each side.

"Happy to help out my fellow man," Noah said from where he stood at the barre opposite East and Abi. He sent a grin to Abi, which only made East lightly shake her head. It was clear Noah had a crush on Abi.

"I'd do anything for my brother," East voiced with a shrug. "Plus I need to repay him for taking money out of his wallet and this seems like a good way." Noah pulled Chloe aside for something, prompting East to turn to Abi and try to start up a conversation. "So how's B-Troupe?"

"It's really good," Abi responded with a smile. "You and Noah are friends right?"

"Yeah, he's my best friend. Why?"

"Is he always so—?"

"Awkward, weird, goes on and on about the most random things?" East finished, earning a chuckle from Abi. "Yes, he is. But he's a really fun person once you get to know him."

Chloe stepped back from Noah and turned her attention to them all. "Just make sure you guys are warm for when West gets here—"

The doors to the music room suddenly pushed open with a thud and in entered West. East grimaced at the noise as her brother only added more noise when he began speaking.

"Yo! Okay, Chloe, it's a party!" West cheered as he stepped toward everyone and pointed to each of them. "Abi! What's up, Eastside? Noah!" East shook her head with an amused smile as Noah and West shared a high-five. "What's going on, man?"

"West, this is a ballet mock audition," Chloe told him. "Ballet is much more refined. Instead of saying, 'What's up', try saying, 'Good afternoon, friends'."

West decided to take Chloe's advice as he looked to East. "Good afternoon, dear sister." Then he looked to Abi. "Good afternoon." And then to Noah. "Good afternoon, my friend."

"Great. Alright, let's start with a stretch at the bar," Chloe said and everyone got into position at the barre. "Ready? Five, six, seven, eight. Grab the heel — one, two — stretch — three, four," East did what Chloe said, grabbing her heel and pulling it up. She noticed West was visibly struggling and Chloe tried to help him by holding his foot, "to the side — five, six — that's it — seven, eight. Repeat — one, two — repeat — three, four." Chloe then went up to Noah and started squeezing his face, causing East to grow amused. "Good job, Noah. You're so cute!"