Chapter 37: Training & BBQ with Kabuto

Hamako's P.O.V

The next day after getting check out of the hospital. I was heading to the training ground to do some training prepare for my match.

While walking to the training ground. I was thinking of which guy I should ask out on a date first.

'Kabuto and Naruto are both cool, but which one do I want to spend time with first. To help decide which one I want to be my boyfriend.' I thought heading to the training ground.

**

I was now at the training ground working on learning a new Water style justu.

"Water Style: Water gun technique!" I said shooting my finger at a tree.

The blast of water created a small hole in the tree.

'That wasn't strong enough. I need to make it stronger.' I thought looking at the hole in the tree.

"Water Style: Water gun technique!" I said shooting my finger at a tree again.

This time the damage was a little bit stronger than the last time.

'That was better but I could still do better.'

**

After hours of training. I decided that it was time to get me some lunch.

I was about to take off to grab me some lunch when I felt a presence nearby.

"Who there?" I asked turning behind me.

"Sorry to disturb you," A familiar voice said.

I then saw Kabuto walked out from behind the group of trees.

"Oh hey Kabuto what brings you here?" I asked.

"Well, I was looking for you. There's something I want to ask you, " Kabuto said rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

'Why does he seem kind of nervous?' I thought looking at him rubbing the back of his neck.

"What do you want to ask me Kabuto?" I asked.

"Well you see," he started.  "I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me." He said.

'Wait so Kabuto has feelings for me. At least I now know he feels the same way.'

"Well, I was thinking of getting some BBQ for lunch. If you want to come join me it can be our date unless you planned to do something else if I agreed," I said.

"No, I didn't have anything in mind. I was just going to ask you where want to go for our date," he replied.

"Alright, then BBQ it is," I said grabbing my bottle of water back on my side pouch. "Let's go I got my stuff."

"Alright off we go to get some BBQ. I will pay for the food."

"Sounds good."

Kabuto nodded and the two of us walked side by side to Yaikiniku.

**

We were now sitting at a table at Yaikiniku getting ready to order once a waiter came to take our order.

"You know what you want to get?" Kabuto asked.

"Yeah, thinking the Lamb Skewers," I replied.

"Interesting choice.  I'm just getting the ribs," Kabuto said.

"Cool."

After a few minutes, a waiter with black hair walked over to I and Kabuto's table.

"Can I take your order, young lady?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Yes, I take the Lamb Skewers."

"Alright, Lamb Skewers for the lady," he said, writing down my order. "What can I get you, sir?" He asked, looking at Kabuto.

"I have the ribs."

"Got it," he said, writing down Kabuto's order. "Your food will be out shortly." He said, walking away.

"Hey Hamako, can you tell me about yourself?" Kabuto asked.

"What do you want to know about me?"

"Well, for starters, what are some of your favorite things?"

"My favorite things are fish, my twin brother, swimming, swords, reading, and drawing."

"Those all sound super cool."

"What about you, Kabuto?"

"Well, I love medical ninjutsu and your beautiful eyes," he said, smiling at me.

"You look like you could be a medic. Your very smart," I said. "Also, thanks for the compliment on my eyes."

"No need to thank me. I'm telling you the truth,"

'Wow, he so sweet. He does make me feel happy and wants to smile. He could be the be who I want as my boyfriend, but first I need to spend time with Naruto to know for sure.' I thought, smiling at sweet Kabuto is.

I was brought out of my thoughts as the waiter gave us our food.

"Thanks for the food," I said.

"You're welcome," The waiter said, walking off after giving us our food.

"Looks good," I said, grabbing one of my Lamb skewers and placing it on the grill on the table.

"Taste good," Kabuto said, biting into his rib.

"I was never much into ribs," I said, chewing my lamb skewer.

"Really, you don't like ribs?" Kabuto asked.

"Well, I don't necessarily hate them. They're just too hard to chew. So I don't eat them," I replied.

"I understand the meat is too thick for your liking."

"Yeah, but other than that, I love BBQ."

"I can tell you seem to love that lamb," Kabuto said, laughing.

"You have a nice laugh," I said, smiling at him.

"Thanks, and you have a wonderful smile," he said, smiling back at me.

"This was a great date," I said. "We should maybe go on another one again sometime. I'm going to do some more training for the Chunin exams."

"I had fun also. I'm looking forward to another date," he said. "Also, good luck with your training."

"I wouldn't mind another date. To hear that amazing laugh of yours and your kind of handsome," I said. "By the way, thanks for buying lunch."

"No problem," Kabuto said.

I gave Kabuto one last smile before walking out of the restaurant to head back to the training ground to do some more training.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What did you think of Kabuto and Hamako's date?

Q: When do you think Naruto and Hamako should go on a date?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 1030

Edited: 6/20/22