Chapter 45 : Hamako's conflict

After a long morning of doing so training, I decided to grab some lunch at Ichiraku ramen for some lunch.

While walking to Ichiraku. I could see the villagers were working hard to fix up the village after being attacked by Orochimaru-sensei.

'Orochimaru-sensei attacked the village, but yet I still care about him. I just can't bring myself to hate him. Maybe it is because being around him makes me feel like I have a father again since my real one has been dead since I was four. Leaving my older brother to take care of my twin brother and me before he died.' I thought as I continued walking to Ichiraku to get myself a nice bowl of ramen.

**

I was now at Ichiraku eating a nice bowl of Shoyu ramen. While watching next, Naruto next to me went crazy looking for his coupon n for one free bowl of ramen from Ichiraku.

I rolled my eyes as Naruto stripped down to his underwear, all of his decency forgotten as he continued to search for his coupon, wondering where he could of put it.

I offered to pay for his bowel, but he told me not to worry about it. He would find the coupon soon. I shrugged and continued eating my ramen.

"Have you checked behind your forehead protector?" I asked after a while of watching him look for it.

Naruto moved his forehead protector, and the coupon fluttered down to the floor, causing Teuchi and me both to facepalm.

"You're such a knucklehead," I said, sighing.

"I forgot I put it behind my forehead protector so I wouldn't lose it during my training this morning," Naruto admitted.

"I see," Teuchi said. Naruto ate rather quickly. I stared at him, wondering how fast he was eating without choking. "Well, eat well and work hard."

"Huh?" Naruto said, looking at him."

"You're going to do more training after this, right?" Teuchi asked.

"Of course, I'm going to train hard!" Naruto exclaimed.

"All right here," Teuchi said, pouring Naruto some more noodles into his ramen soup. Naruto looked up. "Another serving for free?" Naruto asked.

"You should eat up if you're going to train some more," Teuchi said, looking at Naruto. "Would like some more also?" He asked, looking over at me who was also done eating.

"Thanks, old man!" Naruto exclaimed.

"No, I had enough to fill me up, but thanks for the offer," I said, rubbing my stomach.

'Maybe I go see if Haku is home before doing some more training today. I need his help again figuring out what to do have strong feelings for Kabuto. He is the only person I can really talk to about my problems.' I thought, getting out of my seat, ready to leave.

"Welcome," Teuchi said, suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Jiraya, one of the Sannin, walk inside the shop.

"Looks like you do eat ramen all the time," he said, looking at Naruto. "And who the girl is she your girlfriend?" He asked, looking at me.

My eyes widened at him thinking that. I still kind of have feelings for Naruto, but now my feelings for Kabuto are stronger after he saved me from Danzo.

"What!" Naruto shouted. "Pervy Sage Hamako, not my girlfriend. She's just my best friend," Naruto's cheeks turned red.

I raised an eyebrow seeing his red cheeks. 'He blushing. I should probably tell him I love someone else. So he doesn't ask me on another date.' I thought, stareing at his face.

"Yes, we're just friends. besides, I was eating lunch before he got here," I said. "Anyway, I'm going to see my friend Haku," I said, walking towards the exit.

**

"Hamako, what brings you here today?" Haku asked, opening the door to his apartment after I knocked on the door.

"Sorry to bother you, but I need to talk with you," I said.

"You are no bother at all. Come on in," Haku said, welcoming me inside.

I nodded and walked inside.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about today?" Haku asked.

"Well, you know how I have been having trouble on deciding what guy I want to date?" I asked.

"Yes," Haku said.

"Well, I know which one to ask, but there is one problem," I replied.

"If you know who you want to pick. Then what is the problem?"

"You see, the guy I picked well. I believe that he was working with Orochimaru to destroy the village."

"I see, so you don't know what to do since he could possibly be an enemy of the village?" Haku asked.

I nodded.

"How do you know he works for old sensei Orochimaru and is an enemy?"

"His chakra feels just similar to Orochimaru, like he been around him. And I know it is not because he also summons snakes. A lady named Anko summons snakes, but her chakra feels different from those two. Her charka feels like firey with a slimy feeling you get around snakes, While Orochimaru and the guy named Kabuto feel like ice and slimy feeling you get around snakes," I explained.

"I see, so their chakra is a lot alike. Then it possible he has a strong connection with Orochimaru for his charka signature to close if they spend enough time in contact," Haku said. "And why do you choose him as the one you want to ask out and not the other guy?"

"Naruto is sweet, funny, and kind, but when I was kidnapped by a guy name Danzo who I found out was the Third hokage friend and teammate. Kabuto found me and saved me. Seeing the way he threatened to kill them if they didn't let me go made me feel thrilled and cared about," I said, thinking about Kabuto with a smile on my face.

"I didn't realize Naruto was the other guy," Haku said. "Anyway, it is obvious with that smile Kabuto makes you happy. So tell him how you feel."

"He an enemy of the village," I said. "Won't me dating him make me a traitor? besides, I have to leave the village to find him so I can tell him?"

"Yes, they could see you as a traitor," Haku said. "But It's better to be a traitor than staying here sad because you decide to annoy your heart telling you to be with the person you love. Besides, you came here hoping to find a new place to call home. Nobody can force you to stay your technical from the Hiden Mist village, not here."

"Your right. I need to think about what I want to do," I said, looking at the necklace Kabuto gave me.

"Whatever you decide, I will always be your friend. Just follow your heart and do what feels right to you."

"I will thank you,  Haku. I'm going to be head home and think."

"You're welcome. Glad I could help you."

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What do you think Hamako will do now after hearing Haku's advice?

Q: What did you think of Jiraiya thinking Hamako and Naruto were on a date?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 1233

Edited: 6/20/22