Chapter 38 : Ichiraku ramen with Naruto

Hamako's P.O.V

After an excellent long training session back in training ground three to help prepare for the Chunin exams final round.

I was now relaxing at the hot spring to help soothe my body after all my hard training.

'This water feels so good.' I thought about soaking in the nice hot water.

**

After a nice long soak in the hot springs, I was now taking a nice relaxing walk through the village.

When I suddenly stopped in my tracks, hearing a familiar loud voice.

"Hamako!"

I turned around to see Naruto heading my way.

"Naruto, do you need something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you want to go out on a date with me," Naruto said.

"I thought you were in love with Sakura," I said, confused about why Naruto was asking me out.

"I was at first until I met you," Naruto said. "I was always afraid if I flirted with you. That you try to kill me. So I flirted with Sakura hoping to get over you, but I still have feelings for you. So I decided just to go ahead and ask you on a date." He explained.

'So he is in love with me and not Sakura. My date with Kabuto yesterday was great, but I still don't know if I want him or Naruto to be my boyfriend.'

"Sure, I'll go on a date with you. Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Ichiraku ramen for a nice bowl of ramen!" Naruto shouted.

"Alright, let's go get some ramen," I replied.

**

Naruto and I were now at Ichiraku ramen.

"Hi, Naruto," Teuchi said. "And I see Hamako with you."

"Yeah, it has been a while since you've been here, Hamako," Ayame said.

"I have been busy training and eating BBQ," I replied.

"So, are the two of you on a date together?" Ayame asked.

"Yes, we are!" Naruto said with a massive grin on his face.

"Anyway, can I have a bowl of Shoyu ramen?" I said.

"I have a large bowl of Miso ramen," Naruto said.

"Coming right up," Teuchi said.

I nodded and began talking with Naruto while waiting for our food to be ready.

**

Third person's P.O.V

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the village, Kabuto just finished meeting up with Sand ninja and talking with them about the plan for the invasion.

He was now heading back to the Inn where Orochimaru was staying in disguise to see what his next assignment was.

He was almost to the Inn when he stopped in his tracks.

'Isn't that Hamako, and she seems to be with Naruto.' Kabuto thought, looking over at Ichiraku ramen, where he saw Hamako and Naruto talking together while eating ramen.

'Is she on a date with him?' He thought, watching them both of them stand up.

Kabuto then watched the two of them walk off together.

'Where is she going with him now?' Kabuto thought, deciding to follow them.

**

Hamako's P.O.V

After eating a delicious bowl of ramen, Naruto walked me home since it was now pretty late than when we started eating.

"You know you don't have to walk me home," I said.

"You shouldn't walk through the streets alone at night. You could get hurt," Naruto said.

'He so sweet, but he acts like I will get hurt walking alone.' I thought.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt like someone was watching me.

I looked up at the roof of the building behind me, where I sensed someone watching me but didn't see anyone.

'I must just be imagining things. Nobody is watching me.'

I then noticed that I was almost to my house where I live with Kakashi.

"I had a great time tonight at Ichiraku ramen," I said.

"I also did. We should do it again sometime," Naruto said.

"Maybe I will think about it," I said. "Anyway, thanks for walking me home," I said, taking out my key and unlocking the door to the house.

"No problem, I'll see you around when I'm not training for the Chunin exams," Naruto said.

"Yeah, see you around," I said, waving bye as I walked inside the house.

Naruto waved back before walking off in the direction of his house.

'My date with Naruto was great, but I also enjoyed my date with Kabuto. They're both great guys, but I still don't know which one I want to be with more. But at least my mind is a little more clear than before.' I thought, closing my front door, and headed home bedroom to get ready for bed.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What did you think of Naruto and Hamako's date?

Q: Who do you hope Hamako chooses to be her boyfriend?

Q: What do you think Hamako will do during the Invasion?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 851

Edited: 6/20/22