Chapter 12: Tree Climbing

Hamako's P.O.V

We all sat around Kakashi once they were settled in Tazuna's house, thinking about the previous battle.

"This is dangerous. Zabuza-sensei will be coming back for us once he's at full health. We need to be prepared for his next attack. I might have gotten stronger, but I'm still no match for Zabuza." I thought as I glanced at my teammates.

"Look, Kakashi isn't waking up anytime soon. Let's get some food and rest." Sasuke suggested breaking the silence.

We all nodded and headed downstairs to eat.

**

We were now at the table eating in silence, still thinking about the fight with Zabuza until Tazuna spoke up.

"I must say, kids, you've impressed me. I didn't think you could actually fight. Especially you kid," He said, looking at Naruto, "I didn't think you could do anything."

I got up from the table catching everyone's attention. "I'm going to get some rest," I announced.

"Take the room on the left. There's a cot and bed for you girls," Tsunami said.

"I call the bed!" Sakura shouted.

"Alright, that's fine with me," I said.

"Hey Hamako," Sakura called, making me stop in her tracks. "That was amazing what you did back there. You didn't seem scared at all. Also, you were so skilled with your sword." Naruto nodded in agreement, thankfully not talking while his mouth was full.

"I was taught not to let fear get in the way," I said, "Also, I used to suck at using a sword until a sensei of mine taught me what I was doing wrong."

**

I then headed upstairs to the room me and Sakura we're sharing and changed into my pajamas.

Once I was changed into my pajamas. I was lying on the cot, thinking about my fight against Zabuza.

'I have gotten stronger than I used to be. Yet I can still get stronger. I still didn't stand a chance against Zabuza-sensei.' I thought, looking up at the ceiling until I heard Sakura walk inside.

"Hamako, how were you able to do that with your sword and dodge Zabuza attacks or avoid being hit by turning into water?" Sakura asked.

"I have been training since I was three years old. My clan was known in the Hidden Mist when it came to using a sword.  Turning into water was also something my clan was known for. My older brother taught me some of my skills, but most of it was learned from Zabuza, who was my sensei before leaving the Hidden Mist.  But nobody taught me better than someone I met the day I left home for a reason I don't like to talk about," I replied, not in the mood to talk anymore about my past.

"Oh," Sakura said, not bothering to ask any more questions seeing I wasn't really in the mood to talk about my past.

After a while of silence, we both fell asleep.

**

The following day we went downstairs to eat breakfast and check on Kakashi-sensei.

When we walked into the room, we saw he had a blanket covering the bottom half of his face.

"Are you alright, sensei?" Tsunami questioned, seeing he was awake.

"Yeah, I just can't move for about a week are so," Kakashi replied, gazing in our direction.

"Listen, sensei, your Sharingan is amazing and everything, but if it puts a strain on your body, maybe you shouldn't use it," Sakura said.

She makes a valid point, but his Sharingan is the reason he was able to beat Zabuza.