Chapter 11: Hamako determination

3rd person's P.O.V

Hamako saw Zabuza's sword coming her way. With no time to dodge, she quickly turned herself into water. She slowly got up, panting.

"You avoided the attack again," Zabuza said, looking at Hamako, who turned back her normal body form panting. Hamako got up and walked back over towards her team.

"G-guys... I think I might be almost at my limit. I don't know how much longer I will hold up," she panted, grabbing her water bottle and drinking out of it. Naruto placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a determined look.

"You are amazing, Hamako," he said. She noticed his headband wasn't on his forehead, and even though he was scared, he was still smiling.

"You guys! Take Tazuna and run! You have no chance of beating him! As long as he's keeping me trapped in this prison, he can't move. The water clone can't go very far from his real body. Just run now!" Kakashi shouted, desperate to save their young lives.

'He's right. I have no chance of beating him. I'm not as skilled as him. Orochimaru sensei was wrong. I have no talent and never will make a name known for me like my brothers.' I thought, frustrated but shook my head. This wasn't the time to give up.

"No! Don't!" Hamako yelled.

"Naruto, what are you thinking?!" Sakura shrieked.

Naruto got kicked away easily once again but had his headband in his hand.

"Hey, you freak with eyebrows, put this in your handbook. The ninja who will one day become the  Hokage."

"Sasuke, lend me your ear!" Naruto said.

"What is it?" Sasuke asked.

"I have a plan," Naruto said with a devilish smile, making Sasuke smirk.

"While you explain your plan. I will keep him busy." Hamako said, readying her sword.

"Are you crazy, Hamako?!" Naruto exclaimed, worried for his friend.

"I can buy them some time. Don't worry about me; besides, I must show Zabuza-sensei how much I have grown and that I'm not the same weakling I used to be, "Hamako said with determination in her eyes.

Hamako stood in front of Zabuza with her sword ready as her body was filled with the feeling of determination. She took a deep breath keeping her frustration at bay.  She remembered that someone believed she had a true talent and potential to become a fantastic shinobi. She must prove that they were right to believe in her, and she couldn't die before she found the place she felt like she belonged, her new home.

"I see I have my first victim. You must want to die. I would, too, if I was the weak link in my family." He looked down at Hamako, pointing his executioner's blade at her thinking it would make her falter, but she stood her ground.

"I don't plan on dying today. I still have a dream to achieve, and as long someone out there believes in me, I won't give up."

"Well, kid, I can see you changed. You're more determined than you used to be. I give you that much, but that alone won't help you win this fight."

Zabuza lunged at Hamako, ready to swing his sword. As he swung down at her, she dodged his attack, trying to slash his arm, but he was faster and easily blocked it with his sword.

"I must say, you got more talented with that sword than you used to be.  You are starting to show signs of being a real Hozuki. " He praised impressed that his old student is beginning to show signs of how much she has grown since he last saw her.