Chapter 34: Hamako Vs. Hanzo

Hamako's P.O.V

I was standing next to Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi-sensei, watching Sasuke fight.

I wasn't paying that much attention. My mind was still about thinking Orochimaru-sensei and Kabuto deciding to drop out.

'I never stopped thinking about my past, or my sensei's  from before coming here, but now Orochimaru-sensei is all I think about.' I thought, looking over at the Sound Jounin.

I looked away from the Sound Jounin when I noticed that he sensed me looking at him.

'I need to focus are. I could lose my match when it's my turn to fight.' I thought, trying to clear my mind so I could focus.

I then brought out of my thoughts when I heard Naruto's voice.

"You won, Sasuke but in an uncool way!" Naruto shouted.

I looked up to see Sasuke had won his match.

"So he won," I said as I watched the screen to see who would be in the next match.

Hanzo versus Hozuki Hamako.

"Hamako, it's your turn!" Naruto shouted, looking at me. I nodded and looked around for my opponent and noticed a male Hidden Rain shinobi with red hair with a Hidden Rain headband looking at me.

'No last name, but his red hair makes me think Uzumaki is known for having red hair.' I thought.

"Both of you, come forward," Hayate said, coughing. I was about to walk down to fight when I was stopped by Kakashi-sensei, who was walking up the steps with Sasuke. "After your match, you're coming with me along with Sasuke," he said, touching my neck.

'Of course, Sakura must have told him about my cruse mark since he touched where my mark is located. He probably wants to talk to me about it after the match.' I thought, annoyed.

"Understand," I replied before walking down the stairs.

I walked to the center of the arena and stared at my opponent, who had cream skin tone,  purple eyes, red hair in a ponytail, a sword on his back, a black jacket made for the rain, dark blue pants, black ninja shoes, and a blue Hidden Rain forehead proctor on his forehead.

"We will now begin the second match. Now then, please begin," Hayate said.

"You should just forfeit the match because you won't beat me," I said with my arms crossed.

The boy glared at me. "You dare doubt my skills." He said, annoyed. "Just because you are from the Hozuki clan, you think you're so strong, but we see who the better sword fighter is." He said, pulling out his sword.

"That sword nothing compared to mine," I said, pulling out a scroll and biting my finger, and wiping my blood on it, summoning my new sword. "Now, this is a real sword."

I heard lots of gasps from people wondering where I got the sword from.

"Where did she get that sword from?"

"Zabuza gave it to her," Kakashi-sensei said.

"Oh yeah, it might be a big sword, but I doubt a girl like you can use it properly," Hanzo replied, charging towards me, ready to attack.

"Hamako-chan!" Naruto shouted as he saw the Red-haired charging at me.

I quickly swung my sword and blocked his sword from hitting me. "Your swordsmanship is terrible," I said, easily holding back his sword.

"Don't you mock me!" He shouted, jumping back, then up in the air.

'What he going to do now attack me from above.' I thought, looking up at my opponent.

"Fire style: Flaming Blade," he said, using his chakra to create a flame around his sword.

I turned my body into water the second his sword hit me.

"That was a dumb move. My body is made up of a lot of water," I said, rolling my eyes."Did you think that was going to hurt me?"

"I told you to quit mocking me!" He shouted, glaring at me before charging at me again with his sword.

"I wouldn't be mocking you if you used your head," I said in a bored tone. "You should just forfeit because you won't win," I said, swinging my sword and sending him flying.

"As I said, I advise that you forfeit now," I said, appearing near the red-haired and holding my sword against his neck. "Because if you don't give up now, you won't be alive for much longer. Still think that I'm weak?"

"N-No, I don't still think that your weak," he said nervously."Alright, I to forfeit just don't kill me, you Psyhco."

"That what I thought, red," I said, standing up.

"The winner of the match is Hamako Hozuki," Gekko said.

"That girl is scary for just a genin," Someone said.

'I guess I did lose my cool there, but he crossed the line calling me weak, saying I couldn't use my sword correctly. Plus, spending so much time with my team was driving me crazy. I like Naruto, but he is so loud.' I thought, putting my sword away.

I then watch the medics take my opponent away when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Alright, you're calling with me along with Sasuke," Kakashi-sensei said.

"Fine," I said in my usual bored tone.

"Good that you are not going to argue," he said. "Because I don't feel having to drag you along," he said, walking with Sasuke following him while holding his neck in pain.

I sighed and followed after them.

'This is a pain.' I thought.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: How do you think the encounter between Kakashi and Orochimaru will go?

Q: What did you think of Hamako's match?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 988

Edited: 6/19/22