Chapter 17: The Sand Siblings

A/N: I decided to make this a love triangle between Kabuto and Naruto. She may take turns dating them and then break up with one of them at one point to decide which one she likes best. It is not decided who she will stay went at the end. But we will find out when we get to Shippuden.

Hamako's P.O.V

After a few days of recovering in the hospital, I was currently hanging out at Haku's place, helping him put away the food he brought before meeting up with my team at 10:50 am.

"Alright, that was the last of the food," I said, closing the fridge.

"Thanks," Haku said.

"No problem. Anyway, I should get going to meet up with my team. Besides, I doubt you appreciate the annoying ANBU outside. They have been keeping an eye on me since I left the hospital three days ago."

"I see well, see you later," Haku said.

"Yeah," I said, walking out of Haku's apartment.

**

After a good 15 minutes of walking, I arrived at where I was meeting up at and saw Sasuke and Naruto glaring at each other.

"Seriously, it's too early in the morning for this," I said, announcing my presence.

"Oh hey, Hamako!" Naruto greeted.

"Hi," I said with a sigh sensing the ANBU caught up with me.

After waiting for two hours, Kakashi-sensei finally shows up.

"Sorry, I'm late. I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life," he said.

"Liar!" Sakura and Naruto both shouted, pointing at Kakashi.

Naruto walks up to him, "I'm ready for the next mission, sensei! And hey, come on. No more of this dumb beginner stuff, okay? I want a chance to prove myself. I'm talking about a real mission! Where I can show what I'm made of. Ash!" Naruto said with fire in his eyes."I gotta break out and burn it up! See?"

'He has way too much energy. For his own good, but he is kind of entraining to watch.'

"That's great, Naruto... Now take it easy, would you?" Kakashi responds. Naruto turns to glare at Sasuke.

"Naruto! Stop daydreaming! We're heading out on our mission!" Kakashi-sensei ordered.

"YESSIR!" Naruto saluted, snapping out of his daze. I sighed at his behavior. Sometimes I wonder why I even talk to him. He is so loud that he gives me a headache.

"Would you relax!?" Sakura hissed.

And so, we went out on our mission. Our first task was to pull out weeds in a civilian's garden. It was such a tedious task, but I knew not to argue. It was a pretty lowkey task, but of course, Naruto managed to mess it up. He pulled out all the weeds, but he also pulled out the lady's plants, earning himself a black eye from the said lady.

Our next task was to pick up trash from the river. Kakashi-sensei left that job to us, preferring to read his book instead. I rolled my eyes and his perverted behavior. My eyes focused on Naruto as he slipped, and the river's current pushed him towards the edge, where a large waterfall was waiting.

My eye twitches at how many times not only did he mess up two missions, but he fought with Sasuke again after he just got saved. Can he just focus on the mission?

Finally, we took some dogs for a walk. Simple right? Not when you're doing it with Naruto Uzumaki. He insists on walking the biggest dog. The dogs drag him into a landmine. This leaves Naruto injured and the dog unharmed.