Chapter 43 : Hamako's Hero

Third person's P.O.V

Hamako's eyes widened after hearing the familiar voice that was constantly on my mind.

'That voice it can't be.' Hamako thought, turning towards the direction of the voice.

Her eyes widened to see a guy wearing a black cloak with a hood covering his face.

"She is not going anywhere, " Fox said, pulling Hamako's face close to his eyes about to cast the genjutsu.

"Get your  hands off me!" Hamako shouted.

"I told you to step away from her!" The cloaked man shouted, making his hand glow blue as he charged at the guy in the fox mask.

"Raven and Fox, don't let him get the girl," Danzo commanded.

Fox and Raven nodded and got ready to attack the guy.

"For the last time, let her free our I will kill you!" He shouted, releasing a massive wave of killing intent.

The cloaked figure charged at Fox and hit him in the chest. They then did the same thing to Raven.

"Yeah, you better get out of here!" The cloaked figure said, watching Danzo take off.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Hamako looked up to see beautiful onyx color eyes belonging to Kabuto Yakushi.

"Kabuto," Hamako said.

"I'm going to untie you now," Kabuto.

Hamako smiled at him as he began to untie the rope. "I'm going to carry you home," he said, picking her up.

"I can walk," Hamako said.

"No, you need to rest now. Your body hasn't fully recovered from the sleeping gas," Kabuto said, carrying her bridal style outside of Danzo's Root facility.

**

Hamako's P.O.V

"I'm going to rest for a minute. Your not heavy but used up a good amount of my energy before coming here," he said, sitting down next to a tree.

I looked into his beautiful eyes as he simile at me. "Kabuto," I said.

"Yeah," Kabuto said, looking at me.

"Why do you have an ANBU mask?" I asked, noticing a mask in his cloak pocket.

"That doesn't matter right now. Let's just get you on home," he said, standing up and started to walk.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I sensed a chakra spike, and the feeling of that chakra reminded me of you. I knew something was wrong when I felt it spike."

"Kabuto?"

"Don't speak Hamako. You had a long day. You should rest your beautiful eyes."

I looked up at him with a bright smile on my face.

I put my hands on his chin and pulled his face close. I then kiss him on the lips. His lips were as soft as cotton.

"Hamako..." I laughed at his face turning red.

"Thanks for saving me," I said, closing my eyes and leaning more into Kabuto's hold.

'I believe Kabuto is the one I want as my boyfriend.' That was the last thing I thought before drifting off to sleep.

**

The sound of Kabuto's voice then woke me up.

"Hamako wake on up," he said.

"Ugh," I groaned, slowly opening my eyes.

"What is it, Kabuto?" I asked.

"We're here," he replied.

I looked to see that he was standing right outside of the house I live at with Kakashi.

"You can put me down now, then."

He nodded and me down on the ground.

I turned around and faced him. "Thanks again for saving me. You're my hero Kabuto." I started to unlock the door when I heard Kabuto speak up.

"Hamako, you're welcome. Before you go, I want you to have this," he took out a yellow snake shape necklace.

'A snake necklace? No way could he be connected to Orochimaru-sensei. I guess that explains why his chakra felt like a snake.' I thought, looking at the necklace.

"I bought this for you. I hope you like snakes." He said, smiling at me.

"Wow, Kabuto..." I said, trying to think of what to say. "This necklace is gorgeous. Thank you so much. But you didn't have to get me this."

"I know, Hamako, but I wanted it to because you're important to me." He said, starting to walk away.

"Bye, Kabuto, take care of yourself," I said.

"Bye Hamako, you take care also and stay safe," he said.

I stared at the necklace for a few minutes before unlocking and opening the front door of the house.

I sense Kakashi-sensei wasn't here yet. So I headed upstairs to take a nap before dinner time.

When I reached my room, I went and changed into something more comfortable to wear.

After changing, I laid down on my bed, holding the necklace up and looking at it.

"I'm someone important to him," I whisper to myself while thinking about Kabuto.

'I love you, Kabuto. I finally realize that you're the man I want, not Naruto. I know that now after you saved my life. You are my handsome, brave hero.' I thought, smiling at my necklace for a few more minutes before placing it on my nightstand and going to sleep.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: When do you think Hamako will finally tell Kabuto how she feels?

Q: How do you think she will handle the fact he working for Orochimaru?

Q: Who was hoping she would end up with Naruto?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 908

Edited: 6/20/22