Chapter 40: Final Stage

Hamako's P.O.V

I stood in the center of the arena and watched as people walked in, taking a seat. ANBU stood around calm but tense.

'The ANBU, I guess they're worried about Orochimaru still being in the village.'

I looked around me and saw Naruto, Sasuke, and that sound guy weren't here yet. I knew Sasuke would probably be late. Because Kakashi will probably drag his training out until the last minute.

A girl with purple hair walked straight up to me and stared at me.

"You must be my opponent," I said with a bored expression.

She glared at me in response. "You might have beaten my teammate Hanzo, but you never beat me." She said. "Because, unlike him, I have the true skill of a shinboi."

I just kept my same expression on my face, not bothered by her glared at her statement.

"How dare you give me that expression like you think I don't stand a chance against you!" She shouted, getting ready to attack me, but the Jounin in front of us held her back. "No fighting unless you're in the middle of your match. Try that again, and you will be disqualified." He said.

I let out a sigh and turned my attention back to the crowd of people.

I then saw Naruto charge into the arena, trip, and land right on the ground.

'What a knucklehead.' I thought, shaking my head.

Naruto then started yelling about bulls chasing him, but I didn't see any.  Shikamaru then spoke up, telling him there weren't any bulls.

Naruto looked behind him and saw that Shikamaru was right. "Huh, where they go?" Naruto asked, wondering where the bulls went.

He then went and stood next to Shikamaru. I stood next to him while studying my opponent. Who I still didn't know her name. "Hey, do you know the name of the girl i'm fighting?" I asked, looking over at Shikamaru and Naruto.

Naruto just shrugged. While Shikamaru answered me. "Her name is Hiromi Kato. While the two were both Uzumaki. The one you beat was Hanzo Uzumaki, and the other was Hana, who lost to Hiromi. For some reason had no surname, but his sister had one."

I nodded. 'So I was right about Hanzo being from the Uzumaki. That want I thinking after seeing his red hair.'

I then look to see someone walking over towards the seat next to the Third Hokage. I was confused about who it was until I realized it was the Fourth Kazekage.

The Hokage then stood up and silenced everyone in the arena. "Thanks, everyone, for coming to the Hidden Leaf Chunin selection Exam."

Sasuke wasn't here yet, which means I was right about him and Kakashi being late. But went him being the last Uchiha, they will probably postpone his match with his opponent, who I heard was Gaara.

"We will now start the final matches between the term participants who made it through the preliminaries.  We ask that no one leaves until all the matches have been completed! Now everyone enjoy!" He said in a loud voice.

'Geez, for an old guy, he has a loud voice.'

The proctor then turned to face us. "There one thing before we get started," he reached inside his vest for something. "Look it over," he said, showing a piece of paper.

"Huh?" Naruto said.

"There a been a slight change in the matchups," The proctor said. "But now it's set, so everyone take one last look at who you will be facing."

I looked at the paper and saw that my match was the last fight and after Sasuke.

'So my match is last.'

After going over the rules, the proctor told everyone who wasn't in the first match to go to the waiting area.

Naruto and Neji stayed behind since they were in the first match. At the same time, I and the others with to the waiting area.

I sighed as the two guys glared at each other.

'Boys are so much work sometimes. Over here, glare over a simple match. After this exam, I will try and finally decide which guy to choose.' I thought, walking up the stairs to the waiting area.

"Alright, now let thee first match begin!" The proctor commanded.

I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on the match that was about to take place.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: How do you think Hamako will be involved in the Invasion?

Q:  What do you think of Hamako's opponent?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 801

Edited: 6/20/22