Chapter 41 : Hamako vs. Hiromi

A/N: I decided to skip the other fights because I don't see the need to write them. I feel like Hamako matches the only important one to write. If you don't know what happens in the matches, you can watch the anime to find out.

Hamako's P.O.V

Naruto won, and Neji got his butt kicked, and after a major reality check, Sasuke's match got pushed back like I believe would happen.

Which means my match wasn't last anymore.  Also, Kankuro dropped out. Temari won because Shikamaru decided to forfeit. After all, he was running low on chakra.

I would be fighting the purple-haired girl glaring at me for a while now, which was getting on my nerves.

"Hiromi Kaito and Hozuki Hamako, you are up next," The proctor said.

I watched as she jumped down and landed on her feet on to the stadium. I rolled my eyes at her behavior and took the stairs because I didn't want to waste energy making a cool entrance.

Once I walked down the stairs and entered the stadium. I saw leaves whirling around.

'What is going on?' I thought.

I sighed as Sasuke and Kakashi emerged.

'Seriously, not only are they late, but they make a dramatic entrance.'

"Sorry we're late," Kakashi apologized with his orange book out.

"You are?" The proctor asked.

"Sauske Uchiha," Sasuke replied.

"Hurry and go to the waiting area. I'm trying to get this match out of the way," I said, annoyed.

They both looked at me as I stood across from Hiromi. I watched as they talked to Genma, the proctor, before walking off towards the waiting room.

I stared at Hiromi with a bored expression. She glared at me.

"Begin!"

I watched as she reached her hand into her ninja pouch and pulled out some shuriken.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you honestly think you will beat me with shuriken?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

She smirked and threw the shuriken. I dodged them all perfectly. I then noticed that she wasn't in front of me anymore.

'Where did she go?' I thought, looking around for her.

"Looking for me?" A voice asked.

I turned behind me to see her charging at me with a kunai.

"The shuriken was a distraction while you tried to attack me from behind," I said. "Nice try, but you still won't beat me," I said, taking out my sword and deflecting her kunai.

She glared at me while she used more of her strength to push back my sword.

"No matter how much strength you use, you never push back my sword," I said, making the kunai fall out of her hand.

She jumped back and began making hand signs.

"Earth style: Rock staff!" A long staff made of rocks formed in her hand.

She swung the staff towards me, but I blocked her attack with my sword.

She swung again with an angry expression on her face."Just lose already!" She yelled, hitting me, making me then into a puddle of water.

"You almost had there for a second," I said, turning my body back to normal.

"Come on. You can do it, Hamako!" I heard Naruto cheer from the crowd.

"Earth style: Mud swamp!"

The ground began to turn it mud and started heading over towards me.

"Substitution," I said in my head.

The mud reached my feet, and I began to get sucked into the mud.

I saw Naruto look at me, worried. I was happy to know he cared about me.

"The winner is-" Genma began to call the match until he saw I was just a log.

"What?" She said. "No way she should be dead!"

I smirked and appeared behind her with my sword against her neck. "It's over of you go and call the match," I said.

He opened his mouth to speak, but Hiromi stopped him.

"Don't you dare because this is not over yet," she said.

I sighed as she began to pull out a kunai.

"A shinobi should know then to quit," I said. "Are they end up dead," I said, slicing through her neck and cutting her head off.

I looked at the blood on my sword before putting my sword away.

The crowd was silent before people broke out cheering.

"Wow, incredible that girl won that match so easily," Someone said.

"Yeah, but got to admit she was very deadly towards the end," Another person said.

I turned to where the Kazekage was and saw him staring at me with what seemed like he was impressed with my match.  I then looked over at Kakashi and Sasuke with a blank expression.

"The winner is Hamako Hozuki!" Genma said.

I walked over towards the stairs, where I saw Naruto and Shikamaru standing and cheering for me, winning the match used to my aggressive behavior.

When I got there, I was tackled by Naruto hugging me. "You won, Hamako-chan!" He cheered and began to pull me up the stairs.

"Hey, let me go. I can walk," I said, looking over at Naruto, who seemed distracted.

"What wrong?" Shikamaru asked. Naruto just ignored him.

I looked over in the direction of where he was looking and saw two ninjas facing Gaara.

"Stop," The first guy said.

"These low-level tournaments are great for betting. Many of the federal lords are here for that," The second guy said.

"Are master betting you lose, so will you lose the fight?" The first guy asked.

I then noticed the bloodthirsty look on Gaara's face. Gaara attacked the two killing them without breaking a sweat.

"Okay, I'm out of here. I need to go clean and get some more water," I said, walking to the bathroom.

I stopped walking for a second when I heard Naruto shout that he would tell Kakashi to stop the match because of Gaara's blood lust.

I shrugged and continued walking towards the bathroom to clean off my opponent's blood and then get myself some more water to replenish my body water.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

A/N: It looks like Kabuto has more votes than Naruto. So it looks like Hamako will end up with Kabuto unless Naruto gets more votes.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: How do you think Hamako will be involved in the Invasion?

Q:  When do you think Hamako will ask out her new boyfriend?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 1107

Edited: 6/20/22