Chapter 22:

Gray's POV:

I woke up to the noise of everyone talking. I realized that someone was behind me, cutting something off my hands.

"Stop moving, Gray." Said Ultear.

She finished what she was doing and stood in front of me, holding rope. I brought my hands from behind me and noticed a light red mark on my wrists where the rope would have been.

"Thanks." I said.

She nodded and walked away. I looked around the room and saw everyone except the mates. I realized that we were tricked and the dragonslayers have the girls. I quickly angered myself thinking about what Natsu was doing to Lucy. The door to the room opened, and all of us looked up.

"I found them! They're in here!" Shouted a guard.

The council came in and checked us over. "They got what they came for?" The council member named Org asked.

We nodded.

"The you have no time to waste. Go search for them. Your friends are in danger." He ordered.

I immediately ran out and started searching. Like a dragonslayer, I had enhanced senses, just not as good as theirs. I immediately picked up the scent which I could get easily get drunk on. Strawberries and vanilla.

I heard the others behind me, but I ran where the scent was guiding me. It led me outside and through the forest. I wasn't as fast as the corrupted slayers were because the season hasn't unlocked my powers yet, but I was fast enough. I could sense her fear. I could basically feel her shaking. This urged me to go faster. He was hurting her. He was hurting MY mate. My inner devil was going crazy. I have to admit, I was going crazy as well.

I got to an abandoned mansion. This had Lucy's scent all over it. What I heard next made me snap.

"I'm going to mark you . . ."

Lucy's POV:

Just as Natsu was about to mark me, the door slammed open. I saw Gray, and he looked angry as hell.

"You will NOT mark her! She's mine." He growled.

My heart skipped a beat when he said that.

Does he really mean it? I thought hopefully.

He stepped forward, and I could see him clearly as the moonlight from the skylight showered us.

His eyes . . . we're not normal. They were an icy blue. His eyes were originally dark blue, but instead of turning black like the dragonslayers, his turned a lighter shade of blue. It might have been because he was an ice devil slayer and not a dragonslayer.

I was so happy to see him that I didn't even care that he was now affected. I just didn't want to be marked by Natsu.

My thoughts were interrupted by a growl. Natsu's growl.

"You think you can stop me from marking my mate?! You will die! I don't care if you're my friend or not." He shouted.

"The moment you hurt Lucy was the moment our friendship broke." Gray replied, now equally angry.

Natsu let me go and pounced on Gray. Gray kicked him off and made twin ice swords with his magic. Natsu created a ball of flame in both of his hands. They lunged towards each other and attacked, dodging each other.

I knew that if I stayed here any longer then I would certainly die. I searched and found my keys, and left to find the others. I opened a door to the closest room and saw Levy laying down with Gajeel. Gajeel was asleep and Levy was looking at him, smiling. She looked up and saw me. She got up to hug me but quickly got pulled down by a sleeping Gajeel, who had his arm around her waist, keeping her down on the bed next to him.

Levy blushed like crazy, and looked at me for help. It was at that moment that I knew they were true mates. I smiled innocently at her, then left, closing the door. I think I'm going to be getting the cold shoulder from her for the next few days. I walked over to the room next to hers and saw Wendy, sleeping. It looks like they took her with us and put her to bed. I thought it was sweet and adorable, but I forced myself to wake her up.

She woke up and came with me to get the others. I was about to open another door when I heard some *cough* unholy noises. I immediately covered Wendy's ears, but that didn't stop her from having a nosebleed. I led her away from the door and kept my hands on her ears until I was sure that even with her dragon senses, she couldn't hear what I recognized to be Yukino's voice. I'm gonna interrogate her later. You can bet on that.

We pretended that never happened and walked to the next door we were near. I opened it, hoping no one else did the dirty, and saw an, awkward? scene. Kagura and Rogue were having a sword fight, and they were smiling. I noticed a black flame with a dark purplish dragon in the middle, on the side of her neck. It wasn't there before. That must have been the result of the "marking" Natsu was talking about. Rogue looked the same, his eyes still black and his power level crazy high, but he was acting like his normal self.

They noticed us and stopped their fight. Thy came over and asked me what Natsu did to me since they didn't see a mark on me. I told them everything that happened and Rogue nodded.

"You realize they can kill each other, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I can't do anything. They are way too overpowered, and I'm pretty sure Natsu is the strongest of you guys, not including Gray. I could have died if I stayed there any longer."

They all agreed.

"So basically," Kagura said. "Natsu and Gray are fighting to the death over you, Wendy was asleep the whole time, Rogue marked me and we were having a sword fight, *cough* because I'm better-"

"Hey!" Rogue interrupted.

"Moving on." She started again. "And sting and Yukino are having-"

"There is a child here Kagura!!" I yelled at her while covering Wendy's ears.

"Right right sorry. Sting and Yukino are busy right now and we should not disturb them." She finished.

Wendy's face was once again red and she didn't bother to hide it.

We decided to get out of here so we can find the others. As we ran out of the mansion Erza and the others were running up.