Chapter 15:

Lucy's POV:

Suddenly Gajeel disappeared. He reappeared behind Levy and Ultear. He picked Levy up and tossed her over his shoulder then disappeared again before Ultear could react. She then threw her ball at a certain spot on the ground and Gajeel reappeared, rubbing his head and grumbling. I then remembered that Gajeel has the power of Rogue's shadow magic. So basically when he "disappeared," he actually turned into a shadow to appear behind Levy and grab her without being noticed. Levy was kicking, and punching his back multiple times.

Natsu pointed at her and asked, "You gonna take care of that or . . .?"

Gajeel shook his head. "She'll tire herself out eventually." He replied nonchalantly.

Meanwhile, I was shouting at Natsu.

"Natsu you Flamebrain give me back my keys!" I yelled at him.

He smirked. "Nah, I quite like them in my possession. Nice and shiny." He began swinging them around his finger.

I yelled at him some more, and saw out of the corner of my eye, Yukino mouthing something.

Suddenly the ground beneath Natsu's feet started to cave, making deep footprints in the ground. I saw Libra in a tree above him, and Kagura had her hand out. They must have pulled off a no contact unison raid, in order to combine the effect of the gravity spell that Libra casted.

Kagura then directed her magic onto my keys, and the key ring was forced out of Natsu's hand to the ground harshly. She then used her magic to bring the keys to her, and she tossed them to me.

I was about to catch them but a metal stake flew through the ring and stuck to a tree behind me, taking my keys with it.

I turned to the direction the stake came from and saw Gajeel giving a "you're welcome" face to Natsu, who smirked. My keys were now hung on a tree, multiple yards away. I cursed to myself.

Since Kagura wasn't paying attention, Rogue took that opportunity to sneak up on her and pin her against a tree. She cursed herself.

"Kagura!" Yelled Yukino. It slightly distracted her, so she just barely dodged Sting's attempt at pinning her down as well.

She closed Libra's gate after giving her a command that I couldn't hear. Natsu obviously heard it because his smirk disappeared and he ran towards me in a rush. He reached to grab my arm, but Horologium appeared around me, blocking Natsu's access to me. I was confused for a moment, but then realized that Yukino had instructed Libra to tell Horologium to pass through the gate on his own to protect me. So basically I'm stuck inside a talking clock that narrates my every soundproof word until I can retrieve my keys from the tree they are nailed to. I sighed, realizing I should think nicer considering the spirit just saved me from a crazy fire dragonslayer that wants to force me to be his soulmate. I should really give him more credit.

I instructed Horologium to take me to the keys so I could summon my other spirits. He started running and got to the tree. I opened the door and grabbed my key ring. I closed the door quickly, sensing Natsu right behind me.

I summoned Loke.

"'Open gate of the lion, Leo.' She says determinedly." Horologium narrated.

"Loke, beat up Natsu. I know you want to do that anyways." I instructed through Horologium.

He lunged towards Natsu excitedly. He's been wanting to sucker punch Natsu since the first rude comment he ever said to me.

Then suddenly, the worst possible thing happened.

"Sorry, but my TIME, is up. Good day." The talking clock uttered.

"Please Horologium, give me an extension!" I whined desperately to the golden sparkles that floated where he once stood. I sighed, not hearing him answer.

"Star dress Aquarius!"

If I was going to fight, I figured I would fight fire with water.

I saw a glint of an emotion I couldn't fathom Natsu ever having in his eyes.

Lust.

"Luce~" he said. "Why don't you keep that outfit on for a while. I kind of like it actually." I then realized that the top of my Aquarius star dress didn't cover that much. In fact it leaves little to be imagined. I blushed from embarrassment.

Loke actually agreed with Natsu for a minute

Loke actually agreed with Natsu for a minute. "I wouldn't mind if you remained in that star dress too, actually." He said cockily.

"Loke shut up and fight him already!" I shouted while covering my chest with my hands.

"Water Tsunami!" I shouted, focusing a gigantic wave of water towards all of the boys, while controlling a little of the current to bring Levy and Kagura towards me and the others.

I knew we wouldn't stand a chance against them like this. Levy had used up all of her energy trying to get out of Gajeel's grasp, and Kagura has done the same with Rogue. She even kicked him where the sun doesn't shine a few times. I'm surprised that guy can still walk, let alone still hold her in place securely. I carried Levy while Erza carried Wendy, and we ran. Yukino grabbed Kagura's hand to help her keep up. She's not exactly small and easy to carry, no offense to her.

Anywhere would be better than with the corrupted slayers. I even debated whether to suggest going back to the guild, but we couldn't put our nakama in danger, and I think it's safe to assume that the entire guild is basically wiped out or unconscious do to the fact the slayers are here and chasing us, and not locked up in a high security cell.

I was getting tired, and Loke had gone back to the spirit world to warn the rest of my spirits that my keys might be taken again and to be ready to use their own magic to pass through the gate. As I thought about it more, I felt guilty.

Natsu's words still stuck to me. They keep trying to protect me, like they feel the need to put my life over theirs. I know they can't really die, but they can still feel emotions. I hated to think I was a burden to them, but I sadly couldn't do anything to stop it right now, so I just kept running. Gray noticed me slowing down and falling a little behind, and he slowed down to grab my arm to give me a little boost.

I'm not gonna lie to myself this time. His hand, though rough and callused from his many fights, was warm and comforting to me. I immediately felt as if I could run a marathon, just from the warmth of his hand.

Gray Fullbuster, what are you doing to me?