Chapter 51:

Gray's POV:

*Thud*

I heard something fall, and Natsu got distracted for a minute, looking shocked as he was staring at something behind me.

"Ice Devil Subzero Slash!" I took that chance and hit Natsu's chest, which knocked him out. I held ice to his body to cool him down, and when it did, I encased him in ice so he wouldn't be able to move for a few days at least. That way when he wakes up, mating season will be over.

I turned around and saw the others crowding around Lucy. I saw that the fire around the bed had been put out on one side. Erza and Mira just now noticed too. I think they were panicking and arguing on what to do to get through to Lucy, and they didn't notice. I stopped their bickering, which ended in a bruise on my head, and the three of us went over to the others. I looked and saw that Lucy was unconscious and Wendy was leaning over her, trying to find and heal any internal injuries that she might have. I moved everyone except Wendy, Levy, and Gramps aside so I could be next to her.

Suddenly Wendy sighed in relief, and the blue light from her hands disappeared.

"Wendy how is she?" Gramps asked.

"She's okay. She passed out from lack of sleep and overexertion. I think that she woke up during the night, and when he saw she was awake, Natsu did something that caused her that horrible pain, that made her scream that much. Her throat is sore from screaming for hours, and she may have lost her voice for a day or so."

Wendy gave us the full report of Lucy's health. Basically Lucy had a bunch of minor things wrong with her, that would heal after a day.

I stopped listening when I saw something on her neck. It wasn't my mark though.

"Natsu actually marked Lucy! He marked my mate!" I yelled, angry.

They tried to calm me down, but I just couldn't. He hurt Lucy, made her scared, and then he tried stealing her away, and now he's replaced my mark with his! So please tell me, how can I calm down?!

"Gray! Calm down! Do you think this is the source of that extreme pain she was feeling?" Gramps asked.

"No doubt about it old man," Gajeel said, "Salsamander (autocorrect that I found funny and decided to keep) must have found a way that he could mark her when she was already marked. I don't think he could find another way to do it without hurting her."

"It must have increased it's pain to show that the mark's transformation was almost complete." Laxus added.

"How do I change it back? Can I do it without hurting her?" I asked Gramps.

"Maybe do what Natsu did and bite that spot again. I don't know if it will hurt her, but it might be less painful if she's asleep." Gramps said.

"Even if it was, I don't think Lucy can take that much pain again. You heard Wendy. Lucy was up for hours with it. I don't want to risk it, and even if I did, I don't know if Wendy has enough magic power to keep the pain down." I said.

"True. We have to be rational here." Erza said.

"Well in about ten minutes I will have most of my magic power back I think. So how about we wait until my power restores before we try to change the mark?" Wendy suggested.

We all nodded in agreement.

"Well for now let's put Natsu in the guild's freezer to make sure the ice doesn't melt. The last thing we need is for him to constantly try to mate with her and make Gray go out of control." Master ordered.

Laxus, Gajeel, and I lifted up the ice block containing Natsu, and started carrying it up the stairs. Levy carried Lucy up, with Erza behind her in case she accidentally drops her or wants to switch off. Levy said that she wanted to pay Lucy back for carrying her in the woods.

We got Natsu into the freezer and Lucy into the infirmary. Wendy rushed us out saying that Lucy needed sleep and she couldn't rest when all of us were crowding her.

"But she is asleep already." Gajeel pointed out.

"You idiot have you never heard of a coma before? When people can sense others in the room?" Levy said.

"Huh?" He asked.

"Oh my god. She can sense us, idiot! She might get nervous we are in the room and she won't get enough sleep because she knows we are watching her. Wendy is right we need to leave. Come on." Levy said while dragging him out.

"Hey! S-Shrimp let go!" He said.

"Stop calling me Shrimp!"

"How the hell do you have such a strong grip?!"

"Just because I'm short doesn't mean I'm not strong!"

"Haha you just called yourself short!"

Bonk!

"Ow that hurt!"

"Stop making fun of me and I won't hit you on the head!"

"But it's fun!"

"I don't care!"

"Shrimp~ I know you love me."

"S-Shut up I do not."

"Come on . . . Levy."

"Nani?! You actually called me by my real name?!"

"So you do like it when I call you Shrimp, Gihee."

"No I don't! I was just surprised!"

"Well now I'll keep doing it since you like it so much."

"No! I have a name, Metal Ass!"

"Woah watch your profanities, Shrimp."

"Pft you sound like me! Hahaha!"

We could hear their conversation all the way down the stairs. We all laughed at them.

A Few Hours Later, Gray's POV:

"I'm worried, she still hasn't woken up yet," Mira said.

"She should wake up any minute now," Wendy told her.

We waited a few more minutes.

"Ugh, ow." I heard from behind me. I was sitting on Lucy's bed in the guild's infirmary. I turned around to see Lucy wincing as she sat up.

"Hey hey take it easy Lucy," I told her. She smiled at me.