Chapter 36:

Lucy's POV:

A phoenix appeared from the gold sparkles. Weirdly enough, is wasn't a normal phoenix. It was actually blue, and instead of fire, blue lightning trailed behind it. I finally understood why the council said that this key matched Sting's powers. Sting was a white dragon slayer, and his powers were light themed. The phoenix had lightning powers. It was close enough I guess. I think they thought that Sting was a light dragonslayer, not a white dragonslayer. I silently chuckled at that.

North jumped up and down around the phoenix, who, as it seemed, was playing with her

North jumped up and down around the phoenix, who, as it seemed, was playing with her. Yukino and I laughed. The phoenix landed, addressing Yukino and they made their contract, and we found out the bird was a male. Yukino let Sting name the phoenix, because he apparently wanted a name just like North.

"Fine. Let's see. I'll name you Storm then."

"It's like they are naming their kid." I whispered to Gray, giggling. He laughed, and Sting glared at us, then smirked.

"Oh yeah? Well North is basically your kid, because she has ice powers and she's your celestial spirit." He shot back.

I looked at him smug and said, "Yep! We are one big happy family. And Storm is her best friend and cousin, just like how North will be best friends with Levy's and Gajeel's kids as well."

"Why are you dragging us into this, Lu-chan! You're already planning?!" Levy interrupted.

"I mean, you didn't deny it Shrimp." Gajeel said as he laughed.

"W-Well they are also gonna be friends with the kids of Erza and her Jellybean!" She said, pouting.

"That's right, he's Jellybean now. Wait did you say MY Jellybean?! And only I can call him that?!" She whined as Jellal resembled a tomato for about the tenth time this week.

"Okay guys come on. We were meant to train, so let's train." Mira said. We agreed and decided to do a two on two, couples style. Lisanna would be teamed with Juvia, and Wendy partnered with Meredy. And much to Jellal's and Meredy's disappointment, Ultear didn't want to participate, and instead be the ref and determine who won each of the battles.

So the fights were going to go like this:

GaLe vs RoGura
GrayLu vs StingYu
Winner vs Winner

MiraXus vs Jerza
Lisanna & Juvia vs Wendy & Meredy
Winner vs Winner

Winner vs Winner

EriNana vs Winner

(Is that what their ship name is?)

It's pretty obvious that Mira wrote down who was fighting who. But we allowed it since she also wrote down her's and Laxus' ship name too.

Right as Gajeel and Levy were about to start fighting Rogue and Kagura, Doranbolt came in, bringing non other than the three perverted trainees we had trouble with yesterday. Gray, Laxus,and Sting immediately narrowed their eyes at the men. Me, Yukino, and Mira immediately exchanged nervous glances. I think the others guessed who these men were, and why the three slayers were so hostile towards them.

Doranbolt stood in front of them to make sure there were no fights.

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, I know that you probably don't want to see these three right now, but since they missed the battles, I would like to ask if they can witness you battle each other from that bench over there." He pointed to a bench on the side of the training area. "I will stay here and watch to make sure they don't do anything to any of you to encourage a fight."

Yukino, Mira and I snuck another glance at each other and I knew we were thinking the same thing. I spoke up.

"We are okay with it if you are going to stay with them to make sure."

Gray looked surprised and looked back at me, ready to protest. Laxus and Sting did the same.

"Gray, don't even think about it. You guys and the others will be right beside us anyways, and I'm pretty sure Jellal will beat them up if they do the same thing to Meredy, Erza, and Ultear. Plus . . ." I gave the men my own glare, "if they do anything to Juvia, Lis, or even Wendy, they will not live to see tomorrow, I can guarantee that, and so can everyone else." I warned Doranbolt.

He nodded. "I've already explained that to them. Trust me, it will be their own fault if anything happens. Thank you for allowing this."

He took the men over to the bench and made them sit down, keeping one eye on them and one on the battlefield where we would fight. I saw Gray and the other boys give some . . .um . . . encouraging? words to the three boys before coming back over to us.

Gajeel, Levy, Rogue, and Kagura got back into their position, and waited for the rest of us to get away to a safe distance where we can still watch. There would be magic flying everywhere, after all. Ultear, who was the only one in her regular clothes by the way, started the fight, and we all waited to see who would move first.

No one's POV:

Gajeel moved first. He formed his arm into a metal club and lunged at Rogue. Kagura stood back, watching, like she did at the grand magic games when she let Millianna fight Lyon and Yuka. Levy watched too, but she didn't watch Gajeel fight, she watched Kagura. She looked for any openings, but didn't see any. Sure, Kagura may have not looked to be paying attention, and could be wide open, but how does Levy know that? Kagura is smart. She may be looking at the battle while keeping an eye on Levy's movements. No, Levy didn't count that as a possibility, she knew that's what Kagura was doing.

So she attacked. She ran in Kagura's direction, and just as she thought, Kagura saw it. She reached for her sword to draw it and attack Levy before she was attacked. Levy smiled. She changed direction and turned to her left, using her foot to make sure she didn't trip or fall, and ran directly towards Rogue.