Chapter 48:

Lucy's POV:

I woke up in an uncomfortable bed, feeling cold. I wondered why I was cold, since Gray usually cuddled me to keep me warm. I sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room. I noticed thick metal bars covering a wall, and salmon pink hair sticking out from the arms of the couch in the room. This was a prisoner's cell, and I seemed to be the prisoner. I slightly moved, and Natsu stirred in his sleep. He didn't wake up, thank mavis. I searched for my keys and realized I didn't have them. Natsu must have left them at the headquarters so he didn't risk me getting them again.

I hoped that one of my spirits would pass through the gate with their own magic, but of course when I need them most without my keys, they don't appear. I got up off the bed quietly and walked over cautiously to the bars. All I could see was stone bricks on the other side, with some space in between so a person can stand on the other side of the bars. I couldn't even tell where I was. I looked at the space in between the bars and saw that it was too small of me to slip through because the bars were so thick. I mentally cursed. I felt hands grab my arms and place them behind my back. A hand held my wrists securely behind my back while another hand turned my head to face Natsu. A look of fear appeared on my face.

Natsu smirked. "Trying to escape are we?" His smirk turned into a scowl. "Damn Stripper brainwashed you into thinking your his mate. I'll change that, along with that awful mark of his."

I struggled as he started dragging me back to the bed, placing me in the middle. When he let go for a split second, I jumped up, Lucy Kicked him, and ran to the bars and screamed for help, hoping someone could hear me. I felt hands grasp my arms, pulling me away from the bars and slamming me into the wall, but not hard enough to hurt me. He did it to show his dominance over me, to show who's in charge and who's stronger. I whimpered as my back hit the wall. He held my wrists over my head with one hand and turned my head to the side.

I sighed in annoyance. This seems familiar. I'm back in the same position I was in that abandoned mansion.

I couldn't move my head, which means I was completely vulnerable and couldn't even see Natsu or what he was doing.

I saw out of the corner of my eye, Natsu leaning in towards that open space on my neck, where my mark was.

Wait but he can't do anything! A mark is permanent. What's he planning? I questioned myself.

"Now, this might hurt a little, Luce. I'm sorry in advance." He said. I started panicking and struggling when he said that. Those words scared me. I felt him slightly lick the mark, then he bit down. Hard. I yelped in pain and froze. He let go and I dropped to the floor.

Right when I was about to get up, my whole body throbbed in extreme pain. I screamed bloody murder and collapsed onto the ground, holding myself to try and block out the pain. It didn't work. This was the worst pain I've ever felt. I felt as if I would die. In fact, I considered dying just to get rid of this pain. This horrible pain that kept me from moving at all. It courses through my entire body, leaving no skin or muscle untouched. I hurt everywhere. I couldn't help but scream. Even when my voice grew a little hoarse, I didn't stop. I started crying from it. How long do I have to endure this insufferable pain?!

I couldn't resist or do anything when Natsu picked me up and laid me on the bed. He pulled a chair over and sat down watching me writhe in pain. He had a look of sadness, happiness, and grief as he watched me. Why the hell was he happy?! Did he enjoy seeing me in pain that much?! I couldn't form any words and just kept screaming in pain. I wanted to beg for him to stop the pain, but I couldn't, physically and emotionally. It just hurts too much to say anything.

Gray's POV:

We were searching for hours until it was almost afternoon. Levy and Yukino barged into the room saying they found footprints. I immediately growled at them, demanding they tell me where. They backed up in fear. Gajeel and Sting growled at me for scaring their mates. I stopped and looked at them apologetically.

"I-I'm sorry girls. I'm just worried and panicked. I'm out of control right now without Lucy. Please show me where the tracks are." I said. They smiled and led us to the other girls and Jellal.

I saw the prints and leaned down to sniff them, as did the other slayers.

"I can't smell their scent at all. It's like they don't even have one." Erik said. I agreed, and the others did too.

"I guess we just have to follow them." Mira said.

"My scent-concealing dust! That must be why we can't smell them! Natsu must have snuck in and stolen some." Wendy suddenly said. I remember that blue dust Wendy always carried in a bag.

"That blue dust can cover scents?!" I asked.

"Yep." Said Levy. "We used it to get rid of our scents so you guys couldn't find us. We also used it to get Lucy out of the infirmary when Natsu went crazy looking for her."

I nodded. "Okay well that makes more sense. Let's follow the tracks and find Lucy. I can feel her fear from here." I took off following the trail with the other slayers, holding hands or carrying the girls and Jellal to help them keep up with our speed.

Natsu, if you even lay a finger on my Lucy, you better hope Mavis will save you from my wrath. Nobody touches my mate without mine or her permission.