Chapter 24:

Lucy's POV:

"What do you mean, 'inner devil?'" I asked him.

"You know how there are dragon slayers, and they get what you guys call 'corrupted' during mating season? Well the thing that controls them is their inner dragon. It's the same for devil slayers, except their inner dragon is called an inner devil. God slayers have inner gods, etc." He explained.

"You know how our powers become stronger and we have more intelligence when we become corrupted? Our inner dragons and devil are the ones that amplify them. They are in a sort of hibernation until mating season awakens them, then they constantly try to take over. Me, Laxus, and Gray were able to push them down during the season, and we were sleeping whenever we had the best chance to get out." Cobra added.

"Which was midnight, I assume?" Kinana asked.

He nodded.

"Who are your . . .?" She trailed off.

Erik smirked. "Mates? You of course." He said as he pulled her to him.

" He said as he pulled her to him

They are in this position. Just pretend Natsu is Cobra and Lucy is Kinana.

Kinana blushed. Her face was so close that one wrong or sudden move would result in them sharing a kiss. Kinana's first kiss to be exact.

"My mate is in my arms right now. And lucky me, she's unconscious." Said Laxus as he let out a soft laugh.

Mira was once again unconscious in his arms, but I couldn't tell whether this was the second or third time.

"We have to go before Gray kills Natsu. He definitely has a chance of doing that if what you say is true. Natsu can't eat fire because there is none around here and it's day time."

"Um, Erza?" I said, trying to get her attention.

"Hm?" She asked.

"Should we just leave them or . . ." I said pointing to Kinana and Erik, who looked like he wasn't going to let her go anytime soon.

She nodded. "And let's leave Wendy here too. She's not as powerful as those two and she's not corrupted, which means they could kill her if they wanted too. Plus, I think Yukino and Sting are still at it." She whispered that last part so even Wendy couldn't hear.

Wendy nodded. "Thank you! I don't wanna go back in there. I'll stay with Mira-san and heal her if she doesn't wake up." She said in her adorable voice.

Me and Erza went in, while Rogue and Kagura stayed behind as well to make sure Erik doesn't do anything to Kinana while Wendy is around. That poor innocent child.

We went inside the mansion and immediately heard crashes coming from upstairs. I knew it was the boys fighting. I led her upstairs to the room I was originally trapped in by Natsu. Unfortunately, we had to pass Sting and Yukino's room, and I am so glad we didn't bring Wendy. Erza and I both had a little bit of a nosebleed as we passed it.

"Oh my god what are they doing in there?! Wendy heard THIS?!" Erza said.

I nodded as I wiped my nose with the tissue Erza gave me. Erza shook her head disapprovingly. I mean come on, even she has to agree that they is no way a human can make that noise. Well, I've never done THAT before so how would I know, but there is still no way.

After our little nosebleed fest, we made it to the room all of the crashes were coming from. I was terrified of what I was seeing. The door was torn off it's hinges, revealing Natsu surrounded in flames with demon horns sitting on his head, and Gray was in his devilslayer form, with the black markings on his chest and the side of his face. I have to admit, he looked fricking HOT like that, but now was not the time.

Natsu was panting, and looked extremely tired. Gray was panting too but it was obvious he was winning. Natsu could barely move, and Gray was going in for the kill. I panicked. I didn't like seeing Gray like this. There was no way he was in control. He couldn't be. He wouldn't slay a nakama. I know that Natsu has done some unforgivable things, but we were still in the same guild. I wanted to cry. I wanted to run to them and shout at them and punch them for fighting like this. This was not one of their normal fights. It was a fight to the death.

Erza gripped my arm. She knew I could get killed if I went in there. But, she also thought Gray would never really kill Natsu. I saw the look in his eyes though. She wasn't there when he came barging in to save me. He went in there expecting the fight. This was one of the rare times Erza was wrong about something.

I did something I didn't think I would ever do. I disobeyed Erza. I yanked my arm out of her grasp and ran towards Gray. His back was to me, and he was focused on Natsu. He had an ice sword really to strike. Just as he was going to swing his frozen sword, I collided with his back. I hugged him from behind and cried. He froze, and his body tensed up.

Natsu was collapsed onto the wooden floor, unconscious yet still panting.

"Gray!" I cried. "Please don't. I know he's done some things you can't forgive, but please don't kill him!" I pleaded. "Please . . . "

I continued to cry. I felt him shift his body weight. I heard a clatter, and I felt him hug me back. I buried my head into his chest and cried. He shifted back into his regular self and rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry. . .I don't know what got over me." He said softly.

I hugged him tighter. I could feel eyes on us and remembered that Erza was here too. I didn't care. She can go tell Mira for all I care. Nothing mattered right now other than this.

I finally stopped crying and giggled.

"Hey Gray?"

"Yeah?"

"Guess what."

"What is it, Lucy?"

"Erza accidently called Jellal, Jellybean."

"Lucy I'm gonna kill youuu!!!!!"