Chapter 14:

Lucy's POV:

We've been walking for about 2 hours now. Ever since we've gone out of the mansion, the other girls and I have been breathing in the fresh air. We weren't allowed to be outside without another person with us, which had to be one of the group leaders. We didn't go outside much so the group leaders could stick with all of us. Even if we were fleeing for our lives, it was still nice.

I don't know why, but I let my guard down. Was it because Laxus, Gray, and Erik brought us hope that the other slayers would switch back to their normal selves or be less powerful? Maybe it's because we have extra protection. By instinct, I put my hand where my keys were. But I felt nothing. Wait, where are my keys?!

I suddenly stopped walking, panicking. The others walked into me.

"Lucy! Why did you stop!" Erza demanded.

She stopped though when she realized something is wrong with me. The others looked at me, waiting for my response.

"M-My keys! Where are my keys?!" I panicked even more. I couldn't use any magic except Urano Metria and that was a dangerous spell. I only have my whip and physical strength to defend myself now, unless Leo, Virgo, or Horologium pass through the gate on their own, which has happened multiple times before.

I started shaking, and it was not from the fear Aquarius would hurt me because I dropped her key. I was basically defenseless now.

Gray's POV:

She doesn't have her keys?! She always has her keys! They are her first priority, even over her own life!

Now she can't access her magic at all. She needs the keys to summon her spirits and use star dresses. This is bad. Really bad.

I looked at her. She was shaking. She was panicking and scared. I knew her physical abilities were strong, but she still wouldn't stand a chance against Natsu's newly advanced magic. Our only hope is that Natsu wouldn't go for her, or she finds her keys.

I looked at Erza. She looked troubled.

Erza's POV:

I didn't know what to do. Against a dragonslayer, especially a powered up Natsu, she stands no chance without magic. She needs those keys, but if we go back to try and find them, the slayers will catch up to us. If another celestial wizard finds her keys, they can't use them anyways because they still have contracts with Lucy. She and Levy once gave me a lesson on how it works, since I knew about basically every other magic except hers.

It was a hard decision, and it's gonna be even harder to tell Lucy, since her spirits are considered family just like Fairy Tail, but we can't look for her keys right now. We will have to come back after this is over. These mountains were Fairy Tail property anyways, so no one should be allowed up here except the guild, which only has Lucy as a celestial wizard.

"W-We will come back later to find them, okay Lucy? I'm sorry but I-I can't put the others in danger." I struggled to make my voice sound commanding. I hated to have to tell her this.

"Someone will have to stay with her at all times to help her against a dragonslayer if they find us. Even with Lucy's physical abilities and intelligence, she can't beat a dragonslayer who's magic powers have been advanced." I ordered.

"I'll stick with Lucy-san." Juvia said. I nodded. "Okay then, let's move on."

We continued our pace, but we went a little quicker to make up for the lost time.

Then all of a sudden we couldn't go any farther. I looked around us, and one of Freed's enchantment spells surrounded everyone. Laxus narrowed his eyes.

"This is not Freed's spell. Someone else more powerful than him casted it to trap us."

"Correct, Pikachu."

Gajeel suddenly appeared, hopping down from a tree.

I thought that Gray, Laxus, and Erik couldn't smell them near us! And why couldn't I sense their power? I thought to myself.

Sting and Rouge jumped down from different trees as well. "We figured out a spell to mask our scent and magic power."

"I did some research and found a book on enchantment spells. Thanks Shrimp for letting me use your library." Said Gajeel, looking at Levy.

I noticed one of them missing.

"Oh Luce~"

We turned around and saw Natsu holding up her keys. I heard a tiny gasp from Lucy.

"Looking for these?" He asked innocently.

"Natsu! Give them back to her!" I demanded.

He planned this. So he IS going for Lucy. That means Lis is safe, which also means she can help protect Lucy.

"Lis and Juvia! Protect Lucy!" I shouted as I got in a battle stance.

"Aye!"

Everyone else got ready to fight.

Lucy's POV:

Juvia and Lis stood on each side of me, while Wendy and I were back to back. Laxus also created a lighting web (sort of like Electro Web that Pikachu used in Sun and Moon.) around us for extra protection.

Erza and Jellal were back to back, ready to fight. Laxus also put one around them too.

Meredy was protecting Yukino and Erik was protecting Kagura, who were also in battle stances.

Gray was protecting Kinana and Ultear was protecting Levy. Mira transformed into her Satan Soul.

I snapped my Fleuve d'étoiles , ready to fight. The others were ready to fight too. Or so we thought.