Chapter 5:

Everyone looked at me. Loke went to a corner and punched the wall, then leaned against it with his back to us, his arms supporting his weight. Aquarius looked at me, her face full of anger, as if asking me if she can kill him. I shook my head and she huffed. Capricorn said nothing, probably not knowing what to say, like me. Virgo went back to the spirit world for a second, then came back with an unopened box of tissues that I recognized. She had used her gate to pop into my apartment and get it from my closet, then bring it back. She knew that I loved the box and the brand of tissues. It comforted me that my spirits cared so much about me and shared my feelings.

Loke was about to storm out of the room from his corner to go and beat Natsu up, but Aries opened her gate too and appeared, then hugged him from behind to soothe his anger. I could see his tense body relax.

The others stayed quiet. I decided to break the silence. "Thanks for coming to see me guys. Don't worry it wasn't your fault. Hey Wendy, when am I allowed to go home?" I turned and asked her.

Wendy looked down. "Well, you were hurt severely and your magic energy was out completely. You must have used hidden away stored up energy to fight and protect yourself. You may feel normal, but we need to keep you here for a couple days to make sure it didn't affect you, also to keep an eye on your wounds."

Everyone looked shocked. Mira joined in with some unexpected news. "Lucy, it's a miracle you are alive. Your body couldn't handle that much use of magic at one time. Using magic for two different things, while also draining your physical strength in order to keep fighting. That's why we need to keep you here for a little longer."

I...I almost died...because I took Natsu's advice. But...it's not like he knew it would happen. He was just trying to test my strength, right? .....right?

Everyone could tell I needed some alone time so they left. Everyone except Wendy of course. She needed to do some more work so she stayed in the next room to let me sleep.

After what I found out, I couldn't sleep. So I just thought out loud, but quietly. "Why did I take Natsu's advice?" I whispered.

Wendy's POV:

As soon as we told Lucy what exactly happened and how she almost died, she was quiet. We sensed that she needed time, so I shoved everyone out with the excuse that she needed to sleep. I doubt she would get much sleep anyways after what she's heard.

I wanted to give Lucy some privacy so I headed into the room next to her and finished some work regarding her condition. I left the door open so that I could check in on her. She stayed quiet for about 5 or 10 minutes. I finished and was about to leave when I heard her speak, or more like whisper.

"Why did I take Natsu's advice?"

She sounded upset. I really shouldn't eavesdrop on her private moments, but curse my dragon hearing and curiosity. It sounded like she was having a mental argument with herself that just happened to be out loud.

"It hurt when he said I was letting my spirits do all of the work. That's probably why. I thought I had become the thing I hated most."

"No, I'm not taking advantage of them. I just need some help from them on missions."

"But I summon them for every mission. I also pushed them away when I needed them most."

Lucy started crying. "I could have died because of my stubbornness!" She said harshly. It amazed me how she could still be so quiet when she was crying. I could barely hear her clearly.

I felt really bad that she blames herself, but that's the way she is. She always blames herself for not helping as much or when something goes wrong when she was supposed to be in charge, but when it was someone else who ruined it. She really does have the kindest heart in Fairy Tail.

She was now facing the wall, putting herself down and saying all sorts of lies. What made me mad is when she said, "Maybe Natsu made the right choice of kicking me off the team. I'm not even strong enough to be a decoy. Am I even strong enough to be in Fairy Tail?"

It hurt me how much she doubted herself. She took down Angel from the Oracion Seis. She's the one who saved us in that Tartarus battle with her two ultimate spells. I didn't even think it was POSSIBLE to summon the Celestial Spirit King. She even sacrificed Aquarius to save us.

Luckily Princess Hisui came across another of Aquarius' gate keys on her travels and recognized it as one of Lucy's keys. She's been a lot less depressed because of it.

Aquarius has been a little nicer since that incident, and Lucy doesn't talk about it. She says that Aquarius is here now, and that's what matters. I know she still feels the guilt of breaking her key, even though Aquarius practically forced her to, knowing full well what would happen, minus the key reappearing somewhere else.

Lucy is really strong but she just doesn't see it yet. And she might not ever see it if Natsu keeps putting her down like this. Master wouldn't like it if he knew. I decided to go to the master and tell him what happened since he doesn't know that she is in here, but first I have to comfort Lucy.

I walked over and hugged her as tightly as I can, which unfortunately is not very tight, but it still seemed to comfort her. She continued crying because she saw that it was no use hiding it. "I assume you heard what I said." She stated.

"Mhm." I agreed. We stayed in silence for a few more minutes. "Lucy-san, your not weak. You know that right?" I asked quietly. I could sense someone at the door, but I couldn't tell who is was. I knew it was one of our friends though.

She whispered almost inaudibly. "Yeah I know." She gave me a small smile. Lies. And that smile is fake, but I won't push her.

"Do you want me to leave?" I asked. She hesitated, deciding whether she wanted me to stay or not. She nodded. I could tell she was tired but was going against her feelings of wanting me to stay.

I let go of her and stood up. "Levy. Come take my place, I have to go gather some things." I told Levy, who was now out of her hiding place behind the door and was standing in the doorway. She nodded and took my seat and hugged Lucy. As she passed me she handed me a couple books. It was Lucy's favorite, and the other was her novel she was working on. There was a pen attached to the papers.

I thought how considerate she was, thinking that Lucy might wanna write while hospitalized. I put them on the bedside table and left. Time to go see Master.