Chapter 45:

Lucy's POV:

When Mira called my name, I suddenly regretted what I promised Wendy. 

All I could think was, Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope. Damn you puppy dog eyes!

So I did the only thing I thought was sensible at the moment. 

I. Fucking. RAN. 

I didn't even get 5 feet away when I slammed into something. Well more like someone. I was knocked onto my butt by none other than my mate himself, Gray Fullbuster. Damn him and his perfectly toned abs that I ran into. I was a bit confused, remembering that he couldn't see me, but then I realized something extremely embarrassing. 

Damn it Mira. You disabled my invisibility already, didn't you?

He looked right down at me, grinning. I blushed fifty shades of red. As if by instinct, my hands immediately flew to cover my exposed stomach. I may have worn crop tops before, but they never showed this much skin. And I never wore shorts with them before, so that's double the embarrassment. 

Gray's POV:

I saw that she had let Erza style her hair before coming out. So basically instead of her hair being down or in a side ponytail, it was in low pigtails with long strands of hair down the side of her face. Her hair had grown considerably longer since the war with the Alvarez Empire. So each pigtail reached to almost her butt. I blushed too. The crop top, shorts, boots, and that way her hair flowed gently and gracefully, it made her look extremely beautiful. And also sexy. If she knew I thought that, then she would probably stuff a bar of soap in my mouth for "thinking dirty things." I didn't care though. It was all worth it to see her like this. Her blush made her look even more beautiful if that was even humanly possible. She was obviously very embarrassed by what she was wearing. 

I then smiled, coming up with an idea that would probably get me smacked later. She was still in shock from slamming into me, so I used that to my advantage and picked her up bridal style, carrying her back to my spot. She snapped out of the trance she was in and blushed again as she started struggling to get out of my grasp. I sat back down in my spot, and positioned her the way Gajeel had Levy. I was now holding her tight, to let her know she wasn't going to get out of this. I made sure the put my arms around her exposed stomach to relieve her of some embarrassment. This way it didn't even look like she was wearing a crop top. It just looked like she was wearing a tank top with some shorts and boots. She relaxed and snuggled into me, still blushing, and covered her face with her hands. I knew everyone was looking at us, but I didn't care. I was just happy I got to see her like this. She was acting so cute right now. And another good thing, now I know that she actually does find this comfy.

I glared at everyone else to stop looking, and they did. I also let out a low growl to SOME people. I'm pretty sure they're just staring at all of the girls now, and it got annoying quite fast. I'm definitely staying by Lucy's side now. Even if there wasn't the risk of Natsu coming back after her, I would still be there to make sure every guy knew she was mine. Mira snapped a quick photo of us, along with Sting and Yukino, and Erik and Kinana since she didn't get a chance to take their pictures as well. She made a bad attempt to hide her camera, and resumed the pageant. I'm pretty sure she said that Kagura was up next. I looked at Rogue, who was sitting on the other side of Sting, trying to keep his cool. He was bad at hiding his excitement for Kagura. I can't wait to see how this goes.

Levy's POV:

Lu-chan and Gray were next to me and Gajeel, and I saw how embarrassed she was after their little scene. I got my arm free from Gajeel's arms around me and patted her shoulder to make her feel better. She looked up and smiled at me, and giggled a little when Gajeel got jealous he wasn't getting as much attention and pulled my arm back then mumbled, "Mine." She jokingly put her hands up and nodded, trying not to laugh at my blushing face. At least I made her feel better.

I turned back around just in time to see Kagura's invisibility de-spell.

She was wearing a tank top and a skirt, with sneakers on and a sweatshirt around her waist. I have to admit, she looks badass. And once again the slayer had an unexpected reaction.

Rogue got up, went over to her, and picked her up, putting her over his shoulder. The rest of us just stood and sat still, not knowing what to do.

He smirked at the three guys and said, "Welp, we've got some stuff to do. See ya later." He saluted and turned around, walking towards the council headquarters.

Meanwhile, Kagura was punching and kicking him, screaming, "Rogue you emo ass! Put me down!"

He chuckled and replied to her struggles. "Nope."

She blushed and looked at Erza with a pleading look. "Erzaaa! Help me! Yukino! Come on guys help me here!"

Erza was suddenly surrounded by dark aura. Kagura sighed in relief that she was going to help her.

Erza gave Rogue a death stare, which he stopped and turned around to look her in the eyes. "Rogue, if I get any complaints from Kagura, consider yourself dead meat. Understood?" She asked.

He nodded and started walking again.

"Erza I asked you to help me not encourage him!" Kagura shouted at her.

Erza's dark aura disappeared and she smiled innocently, and started waving at her."Have fun lil sis!" She said.

And with that, Kagura and Rogue disappeared into the building.

I sweat dropped. "Dang, Erza. Betrayed by her own sister. How evil are you?"

She turned around, giving me an evil look. "Very evil, thank you very much."

"Well then, who's next?" Mira continued like Kagura didn't just get kidnapped by a shadow Dragon slayer to do who knows what.