Chapter 37:

Levy's POV:

I knew it. I knew she was watching me. So I did the thing I thought would have the best outcome. I tricked her. Twice.

I ran at her, knowing she would reach for her sword. And she did. I smiled, knowing that I had been right. Just as she was about to unsheathe it, I changed direction and ran to my left, heading straight for Rogue. I didn't look at Gajeel, because if I did, Kagura would immediately know my plan. I ran towards him, and somehow, I guess by the bond that we share as mates, he knew what I was thinking.

He spared me a hand, literally, and held it out to his right side. The side I was charging at him from. He smiled, and I jumped. I had landed lightly on his hand so it would add more boost. His hand acted like a catapult, launching me about 10 feet above him. I turned to the direction of Rogue, and aimed.

"Solid Script: Iron!"

The word landed on him, as Gajeel jumped back. Gajeel jumped back and was right below me. He caught me as I fell, and immediately put me down.

"Solid Script," I whispered. "Lightning."

A lightning bolt struck the iron on top of Rogue, and acted like a lightning rod, electrocuting Rogue who was in contact with the metal. Gajeel grabbed my hand, and we ran to the other side of the battle area to get some distance, him helping me keep up with him.

We saw Rogue, damaged but still able to fight. He was trying to get out from under the iron, which gave Gajeel a perfect chance.

"Iron Dragon Roar!"

A beam of metal and silver shot out of his magic circle and was heading for Rogue. It hit something, but it wasn't Rogue. It was actually the ground. I looked and saw Kagura with her hand out. I had forgotten she knew gravity magic. She had changed the gravity of the spell and deflected it downwards, creating a crater in the ground a few feet in front of Rogue. She moved swiftly and cut the iron word that was crushing Rogue, in half, then helped him up.

Kagura held her hand out again, and I knew what she was going to do. I reacted as fast as I could.

"Solid Script: Light!"

I created a flash of light that gave us a 2 second window. I grabbed Gajeel and moved a few feet to the right, just as another crater appeared in the ground. Kagura is going to have to be a little more inconspicuous when using her spells.

I then felt something blow me back, and I landed on the ground from impact. I got up quickly, seeing that Gajeel had wrestled Rogue to the ground. He must have used Kagura as a distraction to get behind me and attack. Gajeel must have seen him and interfered with his aim, so his breath attack would only graze me. I looked at my leg and saw a mark and some scratches from the ground. The rest of the attack must have hit directly below me at the ground under my feet, launching me upwards and into the ground. I have felt a slight force when I landed on the ground, so I have to assume Kagura used her gravity magic against me.

I looked around, trying to spot Kagura. I could faintly here footsteps, and tried to focus, to be able to sense where they were coming from. I immediately turned around and kicked behind me. My foot made contact with Kagura's side, kicking her to the ground. I'd later have to thank Lucy for teaching me that trick. I jumped back, trapping her in a 3 layered ring of fire with my magic. I faintly heard a high pitched squeal, knowing it was from Lu-chan.

Lucy's POV:

I squealed, happy that Levy-chan found a use for the move I taught her earlier. I usually use it to sense where everyone is when we take jobs, using the magic power that their bodies radiate. Capricorn taught it to me, saying that my mother knew how to do it too. No wonder I could never jump out and scare her when I was younger.

It was a little hard to teach her since she didn't have senses as amplified as mine, but she's a quick learner, and it should work on close range areas. I think she may have modified it a little, because I couldn't sense any magic power from Kagura, meaning she concealed it. She must have used it to enhance her hearing and sense of touch. It really is a mystery how Levy is able to do things like this. I'll question her later.

I heard cheers from everyone else. We were split into three groups, based on who was cheering for which team, and another group for who was cheering for both teams.

Erza, Jellal, Kinana, Erik, Wendy, and Ultear were in the group who were cheering for both teams. Sting and Yukino were cheering for Rogue and Kagura, which I expected. The rest of us were in the group for Levy and Gajeel. Most of us were from the same guild, so it made sense. And of course, there were the three on the bench with Doranbolt next to them.

"Let's go Levy-chan / Gajeel-kun!" Juvia and I shouted at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed, and continued watching the fight.

"Solid Script Double Layer: Ice!" Levy chanted.

The word floating above Kagura, separated into sharp icicles, and rained down on Kagura like needles.

She took out her sword and cut the icicles, shattering them like crystal. Levy then trapped her in an iron walled box. Levy suddenly dropped her hand quickly, and another round of sharp icicles were raining down inside the box on Kagura.

So that's what she meant by "double layer." That must be a new solid script technique, because I've never seen or heard of it before, I thought.

As I thought about it more, I realized it was kind of like my star dress technique for my celestial magic. It's something only I can do, just like that double layer thing is something probably Levy can only do. She must have come up with it herself before the battle.

The walls around Kagura dropped, and we saw her laying on the ground with scratches, panting. Ultear called it as one teammate down. So now they only have Rogue to worry about. Levy immediately drowned the 3 rings of fire in water so Kagura wouldn't take burns and anymore damage from it. She then turned around and ran to help Gajeel. Rogue was smirking.

I then realized that Levy had a slight advantage at the moment. I think Rogue was too focused on Gajeel to see that Kagura was down. I know that he heard what Ultear said, but she never said what team had lost the member. I'm pretty sure he thinks Kagura actually defeated Levy, instead of the other way around. Levy could pull off a surprise attack if she was smart about this.

I saw her eyes widen. I think she's just realized it. She smiles and silently put iron walls back around Kagura so that even if Rogue looked over their direction, he couldn't see Kagura laying on the ground. Levy moved quietly behind him. Rogue noticed the noise because of his dragon hearing, but didn't do anything. I think he thinks Kagura is the one behind him. Poor Rogue. His doubt for Levy's intelligence and power will cause him his loss in this fight.

Levy mouthed a spell, and multiple different magic strikes hit Rogue. Gajeel's skin turned to metal, and he slammed his head into Rogue, which, along with Levy's attack, was enough to beat him. Ultear called his and Kagura's loss, and Levy got excited and cheered while Gajeel patted her head.

Levy's POV:

We won! I actually took down Kagura without help! I was so happy I didn't even scold Gajeel for calling me Shrimp again. I'll let it go this time. I see the everyone running up to me to congratulate us for winning.

Erza looked at me curiously and Lu-chan looked excited and curious. I was probably going to get questioned on my new spells. I wanted to try my new element spell okay? I couldn't wait until we got back home, I was excited! Don't blame me!