Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. part 2

Hi guys! This chapters going to be a bit longer than normal, normal is about 500-600 words, yesterday's was a little short, which I apologize for, I think it was like 430 without the ANs or something like that.

Please comment!!!

(Did not proofread, please correct any errors with spelling or grammar!)

Grover POV-

We flew back to Camp Half-Blood on our pegasi. I'm still debating over what was worse, when Percy and Annabeth were bickering or when they were all cuddly. They managed to drag me onto the arguments and make me feel like a third wheel. Like I said, tough decisions.

"Are we going to make it back within the time? We're already at Day Two!" Percy asked, concerned. Annabeth seemed to consider this possibility as well. We were behind on schedule because our horses needed a break yesterday, which we understood, but it put us a little too far behind.

"I don't know, I just hope we don't run into anymore problems," Annabeth said. Of course, that was never an option for demigods and satyrs. At that moment, harpies chose to fly at us in an aerial assault. Just our luck.

"Guys, you might want to watch out for the monsters flying at us," Tucker, my horse whispered, too scared to say it any louder.

They screeched and drove at us. The pegasi went crazy. I almost fell off of Tucker's back.

"We need to land!" Annabeth yelled, trying to pull her sword out while harpies attacked, horses went haywire, and she clung to Percy for dear life. I tried to drive my pegasus towards the ground, but it was fearful of the harpies and wouldn't listen.

When Chiron warned us of these horses not getting out much to fight, I didn't understand how bad it really was. On Blackjack or Porkpie, this would have been an easy job. With these young, feeble horses, this was hard, it was hard enough for them to make it a long distance flight without an attack.

"Land!" Percy ordered the horses. They started heading down a little bit, but their speed was slow and the harpies followed easily. They stopped again.

I could hear my horse muttering something in fear.

"It's okay, it's okay, Tucker," I tried to reassure, stroking its mane. I could feel him getting less tense. I could hear Percy doing the same thing with his horse, Bella.

"Bella, Tucker, you have to land," Percy ordered, pointing to an open field. The horses flew down at blazing speed, the harpies still not to far behind us. We hopped off our horses into the grass. I watched as my friend's pulled out their swords and prepared for the attack. I pulled out my pipes and played a song to distract the incoming harpies. The horses cowered behind us, never being in a real fight before.

Percy and Annabeth slashed and fought fiercely, as usual. My music did work and the harpies became confused and distracted. They one by one exploded into gold dust as my friend's killed them, but they didn't leave without a mark. Percy, Annabeth, the pegasi and I were bloody and bruised.

The horses still trembled behind us, cuts on their hides and legs. Percy talked gently to calm the scared horses down.

"It's alright, they're gone." Percy stroked them gently as he whispered to them, "they're not going to hurt you, they're gone."

We pulled nectar and ambrosia out of the bag I carried for ourselves and we rinsed and wrapped all of the wounds that the horses had gotten, very gently yet securely, so it wouldn't hurt them.

We sat down on the grass for a couple minutes to take a breather and give the horses a minute to take a break. We were already behind schedule and I just hoped there weren't anymore inconveniences. Percy grabbed a few water bottles out of my backpack, because it was hard for me to reach back into it. He tossed one to Annabeth and handed one to me, taking one for himself.

"Percy, get the bowl in there and pour some for the horses," I told him. I could feel him riffling through the bag until he pulled out a small container and another water bottle. He poured the water and set the bowl in front of the pegasi, who took turns drinking some. Percy drank some of his water and poured the remainder on himself. From my empathy link with him, I could tell he felt refreshed and relaxed, water always did that to him.

Soon, we climbed back on our horses and headed to Camp Half-Blood. It took another two days, stopping occasionally for the horses to relax their wings and take a small break.

I knew it would be a battle when we got there. We all did, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was, considering many monsters were already killed by different groups. From a mile away, you could hear swords clanking, curses, and screams. Annabeth, Percy, and I shared a look of fear and understanding. The horses tensed up.

"When we get there, you're going to find an open spot and land. I don't care if it's on a roof of a cabin or in the grass, first open spot you see, land and fly away as soon as we're off. If there's not an open spot, fly over the water and we'll jump off there, understand?" Percy ordered the pegasi.

"Yes," Bella said. "If you need help, call us." I could sense the undertone in her voice, please don't. Leave us in peace.

They neared the camp and looked for an opening in the war zone. Fires were spreading and demigods were fighting each other. Arrows shot and the pegasi moved to dodge them, making a very bumpy ride for us. I watched as many monsters and demigods fell to the ground, either passed out or dead, it was hard to be too sure. The medics rushed around, trying to help who they could.

"There!" Annabeth called breaking my concentration. "Land there!"

The pegasi swooped toward the ground. Not giving them a chance to stop moving, we were off their backs, they flew away quickly.

"About time you arrived," Clarisse from our time grumbled as we hit the ground. She was fighting a traitor of camp, "it's hard when the enemy demigods can't die!"

She whacked the enemy across the head with her spear and she fell to the ground, passed out with a gash in the side of her head. "I feel bad doing that, but she'll live."

Again, we pulled out our weapons and charged into the terrifying and tough battle.

Hehe... left you on a cliffhanger. The next chapter will be the last one most likely, unless the word count is too much for one chapter. This chapter without the ANs is over 1000 words.

Holy Hades.

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day/night.

Also, Happy New Years! For me, New Year's Eve is tomorrow, but I don't know what time it is for you.