Leo, Calypso, Jason, and Piper. part 2

Hello friends! I'm back!

I think I'm gonna put this book on a somewhat schedule. Once a week there will be an update! Maybe more than one update each week, but once a week at least. Hopefully.

On with the show!

Jason POV-

We rode on Festus to Cleveland. After our little stop in that small town, Leo had managed to fix the dragon. When we arrived in the big, bustling, beautiful city, we headed to the airport. We had figured out that that was where they were heading, they were trying to get to California, which is where Percy, Annabeth, and Grover were heading for if we couldn't stop them, we also knew that a few were already out there, so they were searching.

"Leo! What's going on down there?" Piper asked pointing down at a group of... monsters.

"Leo! Land this right now! There they are!" I exclaimed. Leo thrust down and landed Festus in front of the monsters. We jumped off, I grabbed my sword, Piper reached for her knife. Leo got in his tool belt and Calypso prepared herself to hopefully help.

The monsters charged. I did a few flips, sidesteps and stabbed at the monsters. (Insert your own battle scene, use your imagination I guess) I thought we had killed them all off. Suddenly, another wave came. Within this wave was Luke. I charged forward Piper behind me.

Luke pulled out his sword and together we fought. He was pretty good. I stabbed, but he parried it. I tried slashing, but he seemed ready for that. He took a swing at me and barely missed me. I ducked down right on time. I grunted, frustrated with myself for not knocking him down by now. I saw Piper to my right, battling a monster. She looks beautiful, even when she goes all 'scary killer mode'. Not the time, Jason! I scolded myself.

I managed to get a glimpse of Leo on my left whacking stuff with a giant hammer... just another normal day for him, I guess.

I struck at Luke again. This time my blade sliced across his cheek. Knowing that it was impossible to kill him right now, while he took a moment to feel the cut and catch the blood, I hit him over the head with the hilt of my sword. He crumpled to the ground. Piper and I shared a quick glance, only taking a second to decide on what to do.

"Retreat!" I ordered my team. We hustled back to Festus and climbed on.

"Where's the airport?" Leo asked. I looked around.

"I don't know! I thought you knew?!"

"I was gonna ask you when we got this far!"

"Boys! Stop arguing and just fly!" Piper yelled. I could tell she was using charm speak, but I went silent anyways. Piper's voice was always beautiful but her charm-speak was just mesmerizing.

We made it to the airport after a while of flying and searching. We followed Chirons instructions on getting in. Pay the man at the third check in table with two drachmas. He was a demigod, working to make sure other demigods could get where they needed to go with little payment.

"Hi! How may I help you today?" He asked. Piper handed him the money. His eyes widened and he quickly let us through. He then lead us through some secret passage to the main lobby.

"Good luck. Stay safe. Alert me if there are any problems," He said. He then went back the way we came.

"13B is our departure, well, the monsters departure," I informed the group. They nodded and we started searching, looking at signs and other stuff for the area.

"Flight 13B now departing," a voice over the intercom said.

"Gods!" Leo exclaimed. He then started ranting in Spanish. I took it those words should not be repeated.

We ran as quickly as we could until we finally found the flight. I saw the monsters boarding and rushed to attack. Of course a group had gotten here before us. But then I realized, this wasn't the same group. These were completely different monsters.

"Luke's group was just a distraction," Calypso murmered in realization. We charged at the monsters, not giving them time to think. As we battled, people surrounded us, perhaps trying to figure out what was going on. The mist was doing it's job though, because no one cried about the monsters or 'crazy people with swords!', I've heard that one quite a few times.

Monsters were slowly turning into orange dust, but we were also getting beat up and tired. I tried using some powers, I was getting exhausted. I could tell by the looks on my team's faces that they were too. Leo was throwing fireballs, he got bags under his eyes and his posture changed and he drooped a bit. Piper looked just as tired from all the charm speak she had been using.

I knew that we couldn't give up though. I tried to fight back as hard as I could. I felt a little dizzy from trying to control the air. My aim and balance were off. It didn't stop me though. I swung my blade at the monsters.

"Jason! Behind yo-" I turned around like Calypso had told me to. I saw monsters sneak into the tunnel to the plane. I tried to run after them, but my legs ached and I dripped a bit of blood all over the floor.

"Excuse me sir!" A women yelled. "You're not allowed on the plain in your condition. Can we get you some medical help?"

I tried to get past her. The problem was that I didn't want to hurt her.

"Flight 13B now leaving."

"Nooooo!" Piper cried as the doors closed for us to get on.

We watched as the plane took off, leaving us behind and taking the monsters with them.

We went to go IM Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. We had to warn them of the problem and what to expect.

"Guys! Seriously! It's fine, we can handle them. Rest up," Annabeth said, "You guys look exhausted and ready to pass out. You're also dripping in blood. Eat some ambrosia!"

We followed Annabeth's command and checked into a hotel for the night. I felt like I had failed my job. I felt like I couldn't help anyone anymore. I went to bed, Piper resting in my arms, flashing back to my failures of today.

"You didn't fail Jason," Piper whispered, reading my mind.

"How'd you know that was what I was thinking about?"

"I know you." She kissed my cheek and layed back down, her head on my chest. "Go to sleep."

I dozed off not too long after. I dreamed of a war coming.

Hi! I know this wasn't the best chapter... I was having a terrible writers block omg! I'm sorry! I didn't want to rush this but I didn't want to not update. I hope you still enjoyed it.

-Addie