Thirty Four - Whispering Hearts

We didn't leave the scene, no, we fled it.

I think at this point I made it very much clear how enthusiastic Kook's pack is about me. And while I appreciate it, seeing Jungkook watch them fuss around me like an overprotective mom watches her kid on a playground was a bit too much - I didn't want to stress the poor boy unnecessarily, he just had his rut after all.

He let himself fall backwards onto his bed as soon as we reached his room, groaning loudly after having finally escaped his chaotic family, "Sheesh I thought they'd never let us go."

I remained standing in the door frame awkwardly, my determination from earlier fading bit by bit, now that I was alone with him.

He lifted his head from the mattress, confused, "Huh? What is it? Come sit down, Bunny, we can watch a movie!"

He patted the spot next to him excited, before jumping up and opening his computer, whistling to himself happily.

I sat down like he told me to, not understanding where this uncomfortable nervousness was coming from all of a sudden. Like Jungkook pointed out once was I usually pretty bossy with him, so having him guide me around in this foreign territory that was his room was a little off putting.

He scrolled through Netflix, throwing a short glance back at me, "I bet you like Ghibli, don't you?"

I nodded. I mean, who doesn't?

"Then... how about Nausicäa?"

I watched him scroll through he many Ghibli movies, a familiar cover catching my eye, "How about Whisper Of The Heart?"

He clicked the title, "I've never seen this one before."

"Well, you've been missing out." I answered, moving aside to make space for him.

-which turned out to be pointless since he clung to me immediately anyways, shuffling behind me to wrap both his arms around me, chin resting on my shoulder.

"The fuck, Jeon?" I struggled in his iron grip, not even able to move my legs since he's thrown his over my lap from behind, completely encircling me with his entire body, like a giant Koala "Why are you so- so audacious today?"

His eyes crinkled up amused, shoulders shaking as he giggled slightly, "Come on, Bunny, do you hate it that much?"

I tried not to breath through my nose, knowing that my new found super power of being able to pick up shifter pheromones would make me a little too pliant for my own good.

"Just shut up and watch the movie." I grumbled, wiggling in his grip to make at least some more space to myself.

Whisper Of The Heart is a movie about growing up, about what it's like to be a teenager, torn between living your youth and becoming an adult. Shizuku doesn't know what she's supposed to do with her future and seeing Seiji knowing exactly who he wants to be intimidates her in a way, but also motivates her to find her own path. She doesn't want to be a burden to Seiji, she wants to be useful.

While watching the movie, my gaze slipped away from the screen, to Jungkook. I was surprised to see him so focused, mouth slightly opened while his eyes were concentratedly watching.

"Listen Shizuku... I can't tell how soon it'll be but... in the future, would you marry me?"

I felt Jungkook's arms tighten around me as he leaned forward, watching the scene fascinated with eyes one could only describe as sparkling.

"I'm going to become a violin maker and.... then..."

"Why is he asking her that, Bunny?"