Seventeen - Big Bad Puppy

Jeon Jungkook is not only a little shit but also a huge show-off. And not a very subtle one.

Sports class is like, the perfect example for the many differences between us.

While I was purposely trailing behind, trying to distract from the fact that I was already tired by the second round, Jungkook was at the very front, running with the stamina and ferocity of a - well, of a wolf.

In class, we were currently practicing triple jump - for those who don't know what this is; it's a form of long jump, were you have to go through three steps called the hop, step and jump, that all count to the final result (the world record is fucking 18 meters) - and I'm telling you, I wasn't really doing good with my 5,80m. I was lacking technique and generally being rather clumsy - as usually.

But Jungkook, that fucking dickwad, didn't have those problems. I'd really like to say that the way he performed the jump with flawless technique, almost hitting the 10 meters mark was sexy, but I was only getting frustrated by each second that passed.

Of course, I didn't tell him that, because the way he kept glancing into my direction as if checking wether I was still watching told me that he was having way to much fun with showing off in front of me - and I didn't want to crush his dreams just like that.

"Jungkook is pretty good at this, huh?" Hana - do you even remember her? - stated, placing herself onto the floor next to me, where I'd been sulking alone till now.

"M-hm," I hummed frustrated, trying not to look too gloomy while watching the shifter take a run-up before his next jump. I reached out my hand, signalizing Hana to give me the water bottle that was standing next to her.

"But he seems to be generally good at these kinda things." She kept on rambling, while I took a slow sip of my, from the sun heated, water.

She leaned back with a sigh, "Must be cool for you to date such a sportive guy, right?"

I choked on my lukewarm water.

"W-What-" I coughed violently, making Hana pat my back surprised.

"I mean- aren't you two dating?"

"N-No-!" I coughed out perplexed, struggling to breathe through my nose.

Hana stopped in her actions of trying to keep me from choking to death, expression that of pure shock, "......oh."

"What 'oh'?"

The girl's face turned sheepish and she faced the trail in front of us, "We uhm- well, both of you aren't friends with anyone else and are always around each other 24/7 and also you seem uhhhh- very close. So we just figured you two are dating."

My eyes widened and I leaned forwards, so that I was blocking her view, "Hana. Who is 'we'?"

She avoided my glare, "Uh-- the whole class?"

I sighed, slumping together.

"To our defense, if you would talk to us more, this misunderstanding would've never happened." She stated, getting up with a huff.

I watched her walk towards the rest of our class - who were all gathered around Jungkook like a group of fangirls in awe - not knowing why she left me all of a sudden.

In utter horror I had to watch how Hana - this fucking weasel - joined the others, just to shout: "Y'all, Y/N and Jungkook aren't actually dating!"

Making my classmates erupt in confused 'huh's and 'ohhh's.

I felt the violent urge to throw my bottle after her, but then realized that it wouldn't have an effect since it was half empty already and also that I have a terribly bad aim.

Jungkook looked between me and the groupies around him in wide-eyed confusion, his eyes clearly screaming for help when he looked at me.

I just shrugged helplessly

"Why'd she think we are dating?" Jungkook asked innocently, when we were sitting on the stairs outside of the school building during break.

I had originally planned to go find Seungmin, but Jungkook seemed to have sensed my plans and because he absolutely despises Seungmin for no reason he somehow managed to pin me down here and prevent me from leaving with his very smart conversational skills (I'm being sarcastic here).

"Dunno," I answered, leaning back against the low stone wall next to the stairs, "Maybe because you cling to me like were glued together where ever I go."

"That's not even true!" He said frowning - while having both his arms slung around my left arm, leaning close enough that he was going cross eyed when he directly looked at my face. I couldn't help but to laugh, habitually stripping his arms off mine.

"So? And why do I have to remind you off personal space in this very moment, Jeon?"

He noticed his mistake, eyes widening for a moment, before he backed off grumbling.

"That's why I never got a dog." I mumbled, "They're so dependent."

Jungkook gasped offended, "But I'm not a dog!"

"No?" I cocked one brow, "Prove it."

"I-I can't right now." He mumbled sulking, looking away with a scowl, "Just because you've never seen me in my wolf form before...."

He wasn't wrong, I haven't seen any shifter in their wolf form yet.

I cackled, "I bet you're just a scrawny little puppy."

He was getting more and more sulky with each word I spoke.

That's pay-back, bitch.

"Not true! Namjoon-Hyung always says that my wolf's beautiful."

What a strange way to describe a wolf, but whatever.

"Namjoon just doesn't want to upset his dongsaeng."

"How can you say this when you haven't even seen me like that!" He said, pouting dramatically.

I laughed, throwing my head back until it hit the stone wall, laughing even harder at my own stupidity.

Jungkook didn't seem to find it as funny, crossing his arms while scooting forwards until he was kneeling directly across from me, "I'll show you my wolf-from, bunny. And I promise - It'll make you feel scared, or at least intimidated."

I could not picture this pouty little baby being intimidating at all - at first. But then I remembered what he'd looked like when he beat up that other shifter and wasn't that sure anymore.

I didn't react to his words though, making him lean forward, his hands resting on the stone wall next to each side of my head, knees bumping against the insides of my legs, expression looking adorably serious, "You don't understand, bunny. I'll make you take me serious, get it?"

Challenge fucking accepted, nerd.

___

Imagine this story right here, just that Jk and Y/N aren't actually shifter and witch and just made it up lmao I just think that the idea of those two just being nerdy daydreamers who live in their own world being very much funny

xx