Twenty Two - The Touch Of A Friend

It was unusually quite at the pack's house.

Everyone who wasn't at school right now was either dozing off in their respective rooms (or, well, their mate's room) or lazing around in the living room.

"uhm, y'all-" Dayhun broke the silence, "Who else has the feeling that Jungkook is having a way-too-amazing time right now?"

Generally agreeing humming erupted around her.

"You're right, he hasn't come home yet." Jimin pointed out.

"But-" Beomgyu squinted his eyes, "Why do I feel like he's being way too lucky right now? Like, the kind of lucky this ass don't deserve."

Taehyung nodded agreeing, "I don't know what this little brat is up to this time, but we better make him pay for leaving us in boredom when he's back."

Yeah.

Jungkook's family loves him a lot.

And they'd also be bored out of their minds without him.

___

"This isn't as much fun as I thought it'd be." Jungkook admitted huffing, slumping down backwards onto my bed, open book laying on top of his had like a face mask.

I was sitting on my worn out office chair, knees dragged up to my chest while staring concentrated at my computer screen, "That's what you get for wanting to creep around my house, you pervert." I answered bluntly, voice lacking any emotion as I was too focused in whatever I was reading in that moment.

I practically felt him pouting behind me, "Come on Bunny, as much as I appreciate your cute concentrated expression, I'm not planning on dying out of boredom in here."

I pointedly ignored him, mainly because I felt like I should pay him back for annoying me earlier, even making me lie to Gran Gran.

"Bunnyyyy." He sighed, kicking the air frustrated.

"You are like a little puppy who needs to play outside." I snorted, still not giving him any mercy and staring at the computer screen - at this point I wasn't even reading anymore, way too busy with acting as if I was ignoring Jungkook, when in fact I was listening to every oh so little movement of his.

"Then..." He thought out loud, "Will you play with me-"

"Oh my god."

"What?" 

I turned around finally, probably looking like I had homicide on my mind when I glared down at him.

Jungkook was laying on my bed, head resting on my pillow with his messy long locks spread around his head, while his arms were clasped around a larger pillow, tightly enough to make his veins pop, as if he was trying to choke it to death.

"Jungkook."

"Yes."

"Stop trying to murder my pillow."

He let go, "Sorry."

I sighed and got up from my quite uncomfortable position, joints cracking as I did so, "There's no point in searching anymore. Guess I'll just have to ask Yoongi then, huh?" - truthfully, I was a little scared of Jungkook's pack leader, so I'd probably end up not asking.

I strode towards the door of my room, while moving my shoulders around, making the joints crack, already thinking of a way to distract Grandma in order to get Jungkook outta here.

"W-Wait, what are you doing?" The shifter asked panicked, grabbing my arm and pulling me back before I could touch the handle.

"..?" I looked down at him; He was still sitting on the edge of my bed, wide eyes looking confused up at me, "I'm leaving? How else am I supposed to go to Grandma?"

He shook his head suddenly, "Don't."

I cocked my head to the side, not understanding what the boy's issue was until he blushed suddenly, letting go of my arm to scratch the back of his neck.

"I thought that, uh, maybe we could, like, spent some more time together?"

I looked at him unsurprised, thinking back to Hana's words, about how every one had been thinking Jungkook and I were dating. 

I started to believe that Jungkook himself kept forgetting that we were in fact not dating.

"Jungkook, I don't want Grandma to catch you, we should be careful." I tried to explain, but as always did the idiot not listen.

Instead he decided that it'd be a good idea to prevent me from leaving by pulling me backwards, towards him and wrapping his arms around my neck and his legs around my middle, so that I was forced to sit on the edge of my bed, with Jungkook clinging to my back like a fucking Koala. A very unhappy Koala.

"I said don't go!" He complained wincing.

"And I said that I don't want you to get caught!" I huffed out annoyed, trying to free myself from that dumbass's steel grip.

"She won't see me Y/N, I promise!" He answered before burying his face in the back of my neck.

Fucking unbelievable, really.

"Jungkook no." I still struggled to get him off me, "Let go!"

"Why do you never let me!" He complained irritated, "Are you really still that uncomfortable?"

I held still, only now realizing what all that was about, "That's not it Jungkook." I said in a more friendly tone, "I'm just not that touchy of a person. I'm not like a shifter, okay? I'm sorry but skinship isn't as normal for humans."

"But we're friends." He muttered.

"Yeah, even amongst friends it is not normal for everyone." I tried my best to explain.

I felt a pang in my chest when I realized that this was what Hoseok meant when he talked to me. I couldn't give Jungkook what he needed in a friend - and I was not just referring to mere touches; Jungkook was a lot more cheerful, open and honest, something that I never learned to be or to handle.

Instead of letting go, Jungkook only hugged me tighter, "How can I make it normal for you?"

"Maybe you can't and shouldn't, Jungkook." I said softly, hoping that he'd let me breathe for a fucking second soon.

"But I really like hugging you-" He sighed cutely.

"-yeah, I know but-"

"-And I really like the way you smell-"

"-yeah, so you've mentioned-"

"-...And I don't want to not touch you-"

"-okay, now you're making it weird."

gosh

"But Bunny..." He started in a different tone. One I wasn't really sure how to name.

"What?"

"You can't dislike it as much as you claim to."

"That's not what I'm saying- wait, why do you think that?"

"Well-" Teasing. That's what his voice sounded like, godammit.

"When I scented you..." I felt him grin against my neck, "You really liked it, didn't you?"

Woah there, stay in your fucking lane pup?

"I didn't hate it." I admitted.

"Oh, yeah?" He moved his face closer against my neck, "Then tell me... do you know why shifters  scent others?"

"W-Well, they tend to seek comfort and- oh-"

My words got cut off violently when the door to my room opened (the door that I made sure to lock).

"Stop spreading your stench all over my house, brat." Grandma barged in, voice sounding unusually rough.

Well, that was awkward.

I jumped up startled, the shock having made Jungkook let go of me enough to shake him off quickly.

"G-Gran Gran!"

___

oop-

xx