Thirty Two - Aftermath

I should start talking about the Monday after Jungkook's rut, but I'd first like to mention how suspiciously disappointed Grandma had acted when I came home completely fine and untouched by any filth.

Like, what had she been expecting? Did she really want her granddaughter to run into shifter in rut? Sheesh.

But that's beside the point actually, cause it only get's really interesting when Jungkook comes back to school.

I'd been just a little nervous to face him, mainly because I had no clue wether there'd be some sort of aftermath for a shifter, after their rut - like, wether Jungkook would still be acting like a clingy child or wether he'd still be in pain.

Turns out I was thinking a little too practical about the whole thing (like always), because Jungkook did in fact act differently, but it didn't have directly to do with his rut.

To make it short: There were no biological after effects. He should've been fine.

Which was why it took my emotionally inept ass a little longer to figure out why Jungkook was keeping his distance, avoiding eye contact and only exchanging few words with me.

Legit, I completely forgot that he's just super shy.

"Hand me the glue, will ya?" I jokingly ordered during art class, trying to lighten the awkwardly dull mood a little.

He nodded and followed my order obediently, looking everywhere but at my face while doing so.

I took the glue hesitantly, opened my mouth to say something but then closed it again sighing, letting my hand that was holding the sticky item slump down into my lap, "Okay, what's up with you? I've never seen you so down before."

He gave me a small smile and shrugged, averting his attention back to his way-too-good pencil portrait of Tom Hiddleston.

I frowned and leaned forward, covering the drawing with both my hands while doing so, "Come on, what is it? Talk to me."

"Stop," He just protested, "You're smudging it!"

I sighed and removed my hands from the drawing, "Forget that portrait. Look at me, Kookie."

I knew I had him with the nickname and was proven right quickly - he lifted his head, looking up at me surprised, locking eyes with me for the first time today.

"I've never cared about someone else's issues before Jeon," I admitted, determined, "So you better take advantage of my sudden worry and tell me what's up."

His eyes crinkled when he laughed, scratching the back of his neck while leaning back to get a bit distance between me, who had been leaning closer and closer involuntarily.

He sighed deeply, looking away again, "It's nothing big. I'm just a bit... embarrassed, that's all. About what I said to you during my- you know."

I fell back into my seat, a short, incredulous laugh leaving my lips, "You? Embarrassed? Until now I thought you're lacking any sort of shame."

He chuckled sheepishly, crossing his arms in front of his chest, "Well, usually I act on my own accord, so that's fine."

"Huh? Why did it make a difference this time?"

"Because it wasn't me, you know..." He looked really upset all of sudden, making me panic mildly, since I was the one bringing it up in the first place, "The things I did and -uh, wanted to do... were not me. I said this super embarrassing stuff that probably made you feel hella uncomfortable, without being able to prevent myself from doing so." He sighed again, closing his eyes, while throwing his head back, "I just hate being like that, okay?"

I began to understand his issue; Jungkook is very... unique himself, but he chooses to be like that and that's fine and amazing. But as soon as his wolf is in control... he feels powerless. He's scared of himself and what he might do. I understood that.

I leaned slightly forward again, resting my hand in my chin, a small, evil smile tugging on my lips, "If it helps you - I didn't exactly feel uncomfortable when you called me a 'good little bunny'."

He whined embarrassed and threw a colored pencil after me, making me duck away laughing.

"I hate you." He grumbled, making me laugh only harder.

"That's my line." I wheezed.

In the end, I was able to convince Jungkook that I didn't hold any of his actions after him and that I wasn't judging him for his behavior, knowing that he didn't have a choice after all.

Only now I truly understood how scared Jungkook actually was, how much he hated himself for not being able to keep his wolf under control at all times. Which was kinda ironic since I had experienced first hand how much control he actually had - more than most his elders I'd even say.

___

Hoseok watched the two banter while leaving the school building, feeling like a creep for following them like that, but Moira hadn't retreated her order of keeping an eye on Y/N at all times yet (well, she hadn't contacted him at all lately) so he sorta just stuck around for a bit.

He looked down at his phone for what felt like the 100th time today, sighing while rubbing his temples.

The message Min Yoongi had sent him was still left unopened, though Hoseok had memorized it already.

'I don't know what you went through to despise the idea of love so much. All I'm asking for is one chance. A single chance to prove that, maybe, you are wrong. What are you so scared of?'

Hoseok gritted his teeth, hand clenching around his phone. Y/N, that little demon, had been right.

He was a lonely person. And he was bitter, because of that.

'What are you so scared of?'

"You, fucking hell." The witch growled, throwing his phone against the back seat.

The knowledge that, if he was to engage with Min Yoongi any further from now on, he would fall for him. That he didn't have a choice, that he would have to feel something he didn't even believe in. That did scare him.

The red head reached back for his phone.

'Who said I'm scared, you son of a bitch?'

'You running away from me.'

'You say you aren't scared?'

'Prove it, then'

'Oh, I will'

___

Merry Christmas, Nerds

xx