Fourteen - Fuzzy Minds

I was sitting on the edge of Jungkook's bed, watching the boy put away his school books carefully, as if the rest of his room didn't look like a fucking trash can.

"Good job Bunny," He hummed happily, "We're done here."

"Don't call me that." I argued, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

That little shit ignored me.

He just let out a content sigh and slumped down on the mattress next to me, throwing a nervous glance at his closed door.

"What?" I asked when I noticed his skittish behavior, how he fiddled with the sleeves of his black and white striped sweater (this was my first time seeing him in casual clothes by the way) or how he bit the inside of his cheek.

"Hm?" He cocked his head to the side, "Nothing?"

"You looked like you wanted to say something." I replied, knowing how annoyed I was sounding, though this was mainly on accounts that I had spent a lot more time outside of my safe home than I was used to.

"Well," He laughed quietly, hand coming up to scratch the back of his neck, "I just... uhm, I had a really good time with you today, maybe we could... meet up again after school some time?"

I'm not cold-hearted enough to say this wasn't adorable.

This tall, intimidating looking guy with all these piercings and intense eyes was a blushing mess in front of me, asking me for some kinda date - how could I not melt right on my spot?

"Uhm, sure..." I looked away, "Just... not at my place."

"Why?" He asked teasing, "Do your parents not like male visit for you?"

I punched his arm, "That's not it. Grandma is just weird about... shifters."

"Oh, right." He remembered, looking sorry, "I forgot that your parents..."

I sighed, shaking my head, "Don't. People are always so awkward about it. Just don't."

"Of course." He said and then added a small "I'm sorry".

I already knew what he was about to say when Jungkook hesitantly scooted closer, gaze looking sheepish when he opened his mouth, "Can I scent-"

"Is that really necessary?" I asked, question genuine because, obviously, I didn't feel very comfortable when he was that close.

"You don't have to!" He quickly answered, eyes wide, "I just... I'd like it. You know Bunny, I feel very happy when I'm so close to you. And I really, really like the way you smell-"

"You said that already, weirdo." I interrupted his rambling.

"I know. I'm sorry. I won't ask anymore-"

He looked like a kicked puppy, incredibly sad and disappointed and I couldn't believe the words leaving my mouth the next second, "God dammit, go ahead. Just hurry."

His face lit up in an instant, eyes sparkling as if he just won the lottery and the idiot immediately reached forwards, cradling my head in his hands.

I had my eyes closed, feeling nervous at the direct proximity, not knowing what to do, how to behave right now.

The shifter chuckled, "Relax. It's supposed to be nice for both of us."

I nodded stiffly, not relaxing a bit, pulse exhilarating the closer he came.

Jungkook sighed disappointed, but proceeded anyways, leaning forwards until his nose touched my cheek, traveling down to my collar bone and then up to the small spot that connected my jaw and my neck.